• Colorado
    • Baltimore
    • Seattle
    • Other

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 10:12 PM)
It's not just mine, it's the scouts' opinions + their minor league performance

I would certainly rank Yeyson ahead of him but we are talking about 40 FV guys and below, we need a lot of development just for them to become reserve INF.

The guy has some power and a projectable body, about what you'd expect for 1 month of a 4.5 ERA pitcher

After the Ti'Quan Forbes deal, the White Sox now have 11 players from mlbpipeline.com's draft top 200

#2 Carlos Rodon

#25 Casey Gillespie

#27 Spencer Adams

#41 Michael Kopech

#50 Ti'Quan Forbes

#76 Dylan Cease

#93 Jace Fry

#98 Evan Skoug

#108 Tate Blackman

#163 Alex Destino

#190 Jake Peter

I wish we could develop hitters like Coop does pitchers. Cause this is another intriguing guy, Forbes. 6-3, 180? Wow. A tall third baseman. ... A second round pick who has done nothing so far in the minors. Only 21. Obviously has talent. But will he ever sniff the majors?

I know I've ripped MiGo in the past but he actually had some good starts. Do u think this moves means we truly are tanking again next year? We've pretty much dealt every MLB pitcher who possibly could get anybody out this year. Nobody's taken Holland or Pelfrey so far cause they are off the charts lousy. Me thinks our staff is gonna be putrid next year cause cooler heads will prevail and Sox won't rush the prospects.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 10:54 PM)
I wish we could develop hitters like Coop does pitchers. Cause this is another intriguing guy, Forbes. 6-3, 180? Wow. A tall third baseman. ... A second round pick who has done nothing so far in the minors. Only 21. Obviously has talent. But will he ever sniff the majors?

I know I've ripped MiGo in the past but he actually had some good starts. Do u think this moves means we truly are tanking again next year? We've pretty much dealt every MLB pitcher who possibly could get anybody out this year. Nobody's taken Holland or Pelfrey so far cause they are off the charts lousy. Me thinks our staff is gonna be putrid next year cause cooler heads will prevail and Sox won't rush the prospects.

Yeah Rodon/Gio/Lopez and Kopech a couple months in is gonna be a garbage rotation

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 10:54 PM)

Yup, us trading a free agent to be definitely means we'll be tanking next year. That's some quality deductive reasoning right there Greg. Well done.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 03:58 AM)
Yeah Rodon/Gio/Lopez and Kopech a couple months in is gonna be a garbage rotation

You wait. Kopech and Gio will not be in the bigs til September next year. Sox will not rush guys in a wasted season. I know I've been up and down on Lopez. I'm not THAT high on him yet. Do you guys think he's a lock to be a No. 2, 3 stud or are u like me and not convinced? I do worship Rodon. I'm convinced he'll be a stud, health permitting.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 03:59 AM)
Yup, us trading a free agent to be definitely means we'll be tanking next year. That's some quality deductive reasoning right there Greg. Well done.

I know he's a free agent, but I figure he's one of those guys you could just sign for pennies w/out much competition. He has to be happy with Coop and nobody's offering him much dough this offseason. I feel like he could be a moderately acceptable starter if we're trying to win. He's certainly LIGHT YEARS better than Shields or the two guys who are not as good as Fathom: Holland and Pelfrey. I figure MiGo is the kinda guy who after the season ended woulda agreed to a cheap contract and stay on the south side with Coop.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 11:02 PM)
You wait. Kopech and Gio will not be in the bigs til September next year. Sox will not rush guys in a wasted season. I know I've been up and down on Lopez. I'm not THAT high on him yet. Do you guys think he's a lock to be a No. 2, 3 stud or are u like me and not convinced? I do worship Rodon. I'm convinced he'll be a stud, health permitting.

I know he's a free agent, but I figure he's one of those guys you could just sign for pennies w/out much competition. He has to be happy with Coop and nobody's offering him much dough this offseason. I feel like he could be a moderately acceptable starter if we're trying to win. He's certainly LIGHT YEARS better than Shields or the two guys who are not as good as Fathom: Holland and Pelfrey. I figure MiGo is the kinda guy who after the season ended woulda agreed to a cheap contract and stay on the south side with Coop.

Why would trading him now prevent us from bringing him back in the offseason?

I really don't understand how your brain works.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 11:02 PM)

Gio is already in the big leagues. As is Lopez. Rodon appears to have turned a corner. But yes, because we lost an average starter it's full blown tankathon. DAMN YOU JERRRRY

I really gotta stop getting sucked into your logic blackhole. Within the same hour you will post that the Sox have 7 guaranteed superstars in their farm system, that they will lose 125 games because they don't have a closer, the rotation will be horrific because Shields is the 5th starter, and Gonzo is an incredible talent who will save the Sox from tanking but also will have no suitors in the free agent market.

Wait, we got a C+ guy for f***ing Migo? Is this real life? What a job by Hahn, he is stacking chips.

Granted this guy has sucked ass in the low minors but the upside is there and hey if he never pans out others will.

edit: the Sox got 4 fWAR out of Migo in 250 innings. That's amazing. Cooper has some misses but more often than not he delivers results.

Edited by chitownsportsfan