8/16 Sox @ Dodgers

LittleHurt05

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 10:05 PM)
Honest question...how did the Sox leave camp with Asche over Delmonico? I know it happens...but geez. Nick was raking in ST too....

I may be Delmonico's biggest fan on this site, but he needed time to work on his defense without having the pressures of being on a major league team. Plus more time in AAA was a good thing for his bat based on the significant reduction in his K rate.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 09:05 PM)
Honest question...how did the Sox leave camp with Asche over Delmonico? I know it happens...but geez. Nick was raking in ST too....

Ha! Cause Cody is Legend? Probably just not overthinking it--didn't think Nicky was ready, start the season with your vet--place hold him for someone young to take his spot. I'm not sure anyone saw this type of promise from Delmonico back in ST.

QUOTE (FT35 @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 10:10 PM)
Ha! Cause Cody is Legend? Probably just not overthinking it--didn't think Nicky was ready, start the season with your vet--place hold him for someone young to take his spot. I'm not sure anyone saw this type of promise from Delmonico back in ST.

There are several posters who have been high on him for a while now, but the reality is his numbers will come back to earth as his .455 BABIP regresses to the mean. I'm still ecstatic about his performance though, especially for a rookie.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 09:15 PM)
There are several posters who have been high on him for a while now, but the reality is his numbers will come back to earth as his .455 BABIP regresses to the mean. I'm still ecstatic about his performance though, especially for a rookie.

I hear ya...hear all you guys and thanks for the responses. What I'm seeing...he carried it over from ST where he was solid the entire spring. I know it's happened before with guys having great springs...but it's nice to see him carry over to this level. Good for him....

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 09:15 PM)
For three years, I haven't been a fan when he tries to get away with throwing 91-92 the first few innings

yeah...he just looks a tad "off" tonight. Not bad results so far....but tonight it just seems like "Rodon Lite". Not seeing the release point...follow thru with heat.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 08:49 PM)
I do like Bennetti, but he's killing poor Rowand with all the questions and jokes tonight.

Agree...it's a bad announcing habit to get into because the result is the non-polished voice getting long stretches of air time dominating the broadcast answering the questions. He needs to find different ways to start conversation. It's like starting every sentence in an essay with "The." Tough to listen to. Describe something, expand on something, establish yourself as an expert on baseball.

Edited by FT35