8/16 Sox @ Dodgers

LittleHurt05

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2017 -> 12:02 AM)
Bummer continues to help the tank. Sucks Burdi got hurt, would have loved to see him as closer

Obviously Tommy John is never good, but if it was going to happen eventually, this was about perfect timing. I'd rather have the bullpen be the reason we lose games than the lineup or rotation.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 11:00 PM)
By this logic, I guess you wouldn't have wanted Kris Bryant a few years back as he K'd 28.6% of the time in AAA. Funny how that's gone down in the majors. Maybe because he has elite bat speed & a great batter's eye and he's been able to make the necessary adjustments.

Moncada's K rate was 28.3% in AAA this year. He's got tremendous bat speed & a plus batter's eye. He's a special f***ing talent just like Bryant and your view on him is simply short-sighted & lazy.

Kris Bryant's OPS was 275 points higher that year than Moncada's this year. Strikeouts aside, his AAA stats in 2014 were insane. Moncada is not Kris Bryant.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Aug 17, 2017 -> 12:06 AM)
I'm gonna be honest- I have no idea what wRC+ is. I also don't care.

You like peripherals? Try this one. 22% K rate at A in 2015. 25% at A+, AA in 2016, 28% at AAA in 2017.

I can understand Blake Rutherford might need to fill in his boots a bit to reach his full power potential. I can understand that Zach Collins has been focusing on his D and his bat is still pretty advanced, stats be damned. I can be plenty patient with the young ones. But I don't see how a guy who has had serious contact issues his entire career will suddenly fix them to be a decent ball player.

And Dombrowski still kept Devers and Benintendi and traded Moncada. Why would one of the game's best GMs be so certain as to which highly touted prospect to trade?

See Kris Bryant's K rates at those levels (hint they're worse).

As for Dombrowski, he traded Moncada over the other two because had obvious long-term holes in LF & CF while 2B was blocked for the foreseeable future. He was trading from a position of strength, which is what all good GMs do. Same reason Theo traded Jimenez for Quintana, who also happens to be one of the best GMs in baseball. And the early returns on that trade are incredibly promising.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 10:17 PM)
It's a win in my book. Couple young guys look good. Rodon looks good. Stay even with Philly

-Yea but it still sucks nevertheless. Helps when the Sox beat a juggernaut like the Dodgers. TWTW is real. Don't want that will to win taking lumps even if they do understand the process the team is going through.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2017 -> 12:21 AM)
Fun to think how long that inning goes if it's not the 9th

As soon as he brought him in, I turned to my buddy and said "Ricky is helping the tank with this move". Sure enough.. I'm still waiting on him to actually let his players with speed steal bases. Cody freaking Bellinger has more steals than Tim Anderson. (yes he gets on base more, but that's just sad)

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2017 -> 12:12 AM)
Yeah Petricka is pathetic. Renteria goingng back to those guys a day after they imploded is ridiculous as well. Nice loss

Hopefully when this rebuild provides results in being more competitive I hope they invest in a serious managerial search.

I hate a loss like this. This Sox played great until the pen comes in.

Isn't there some guys in AAA that will never make it that they could bring up that may not get shelled as bad?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 10:26 PM)
As soon as he brought him in, I turned to my buddy and said "Ricky is helping the tank with this move". Sure enough.. I'm still waiting on him to actually let his players with speed steal bases. Cody freaking Bellinger has more steals than Tim Anderson. (yes he gets on base more, but that's just sad)

Bellinger might be as fast as Anderson. More than likely faster getting to 1st base out of the box since he is lefty.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 11:30 PM)
Isn't there some guys in AAA that will never make it that they could bring up that may not get shelled as bad?

Probably not. Even on a rebuilding team Petricka sucks really, really bad.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 17, 2017 -> 12:30 AM)
Hopefully when this rebuild provides results in being more competitive I hope they invest in a serious managerial search.

I hate a loss like this. This Sox played great until the pen comes in.

Managerial search? Have you seen this pen? This is picking from a hat, they are all bad, Ricky didn't have any good choices