Sockin

Kopech promoted to Charlotte

Kind of surprised they did this now but definitely not complaining. He's going to kick ass up there too.

I won't make a big deal out of it if he struggles, but if he can continue his dominance it's an encouraging step towards big contributions in the near term.

Great news. His progress has been incredible

If he continues his dominance he won't be in AAA for long next season.Get the extra season and bring him up.Dont waste miles on that arm in Charlotte

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Aug 18, 2017 -> 06:15 PM)
If he continues his dominance he won't be in AAA for long next season.Get the extra season and bring him up.Dont waste miles on that arm in Charlotte

I agree with this.

If he doesn't well in this late season stint in Charlotte and has a nice spring there's no real reason to keep him in Charlotte for more than 30 or so innings.

Say the sox light the world on fire and make the playoffs next year. You have a problem with his inning count. That would suck.

Giolito up to the Sox, Kopech to Charlotte, Hansen has to be on the move to Birmingham. Can't think of a WS pitcher that should get the call over Hansen.

Anyway. Really happy to see movement in the minors. Haven't seen Giolito pitch yet so I'll be watching his Sox debut for sure.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Aug 18, 2017 -> 07:10 PM)
Say the sox light the world on fire and make the playoffs next year. You have a problem with his inning count. That would suck.

Just a little overly optimistic. But that's OK since making the playoffs would not suck.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Aug 18, 2017 -> 08:10 PM)

Don't worry that's not happening

I was thinking it would be best to keep him in AA just to reduce the risk that a bad start or two in AAA before the season ends would hurt his confidence. On the other hand, some players are so focused on moving up the ladder it might be better for him mentally to get the promotion that his production deserves.

Surprised to see this. If it was going to happen, would have been nice a week earlier so I could have seen him ;)