8/19 at Rangers

flavum

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 19, 2017 -> 08:44 PM)
Yeah he really really sucks now. But Shields has never been good and they gave up players for him. Holland was a wild card signing and he actually had some success for a while. Thats what I was comparing to.

Never?

Holland is usually able to last only about three innings. I doubt the Sox release him at this point in the season. He can be a mop up guy till the end of the year. Covey on the other hand is the fallacy of the Rule V draft and having to keep a AA pitcher on the 25 man roster. He is completely overmatched. Holland gave up seven runs and Covey six and maybe more. Beck warming and I am not reassured

You know I might just be speaking out of emotion here, but I don't think Anderson belongs on a major league roster, let alone a starter. As a hitter, he has some pop but no patience, and it seems like he doesn't have a plan going up to the plate. It's the same with every pitcher. He also has hardly any pitch recognition. He just went on a hot streak, which was nice, but it seems like it's over. His defense, we've all seen it. He's not a shortstop. Maybe a second baseman.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Aug 20, 2017 -> 02:32 AM)
You know I might just be speaking out of emotion here, but I don't think Anderson belongs on a major league roster, let alone a starter. As a hitter, he has some pop but no patience, and it seems like he doesn't have a plan going up to the plate. It's the same with every pitcher. He also has hardly any pitch recognition. He just went on a hot streak, which was nice, but it seems like it's over. His defense, we've all seen it. He's not a shortstop. Maybe a second baseman.

Has at the very least one more season to prove what he can do, and likely gets another year after that no matter what. He's shown a disturbing lack of improvement this year, which isn't shocking in this organization

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 19, 2017 -> 10:35 PM)
Has at the very least one more season to prove what he can do, and likely gets another year after that no matter what. He's shown a disturbing lack of improvement this year, which isn't shocking in this organization

Yeah the regression is not surprising considering...he was one of "those" draftees...wonder if there is a good shortstop the Sox can sign in the first round next summer.

How long is Anderson's contract for?

Edited by Scoots