flavum

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

https://sports.yahoo.com/byron-buxton-shows...-192913367.html

This Buxton inside the park hr is tons more exciting than all the action after the first...Twins and Angels tied for second wild card, btw.

Guess we will see if Moncada can top it...definitely won't be at Guaranteed Rate unless the fielder goes down like Mazara on the Delmonico bid.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 19, 2017 -> 10:11 PM)
https://sports.yahoo.com/byron-buxton-shows...-192913367.html

This Buxton inside the park hr is tons more exciting than all the action after the first...Twins and Angels tied for second wild card, btw.

Guess we will see if Moncada can top it...definitely won't be at Guaranteed Rate unless the fielder goes down like Mazara on the Delmonico bid.

Those teams are barely over .500 as well.

I know we are rebuilding but the commish should step in and declare Holland unfit for MLB. It's making a farce of baseball.

In the greg can be wrong category ... man I was wrong bout Saladino. I loved that guy. He is a miserable hitter. Glad my fave Avi got 2 hits tonight, but Anderson with a rare (of late) 0 for 5.

Just getting caught up on the game. Wowsie, Holland is so bad. Fathom could line extra bases off him. Caulfield could whack a single off him.

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ Aug 20, 2017 -> 03:39 AM)
He's got plenty of speed and athleticism, so range isn't the problem. I think it's mostly mental issues with him and perhaps to an extent his mechanics/fundamentals.

He's learning and it all will pay off for him when we play meaningful games someday. All this is prep for him. He'll be OK. He has tools.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Aug 19, 2017 -> 09:38 PM)
Yeah the regression is not surprising considering...he was one of "those" draftees...wonder if there is a good shortstop the Sox can sign in the first round next summer.

How long is Anderson's contract for?

With the draft you gotta go BPA.

And it's too early to give up on Anderson, though I'm not bullish on him sticking at SS or improving his pitch recognition/patience. His extension is 6 years.