8/21/2017 Twins @ White Sox

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 21, 2017 -> 10:24 PM)
I don't get why people are so impatient. He sucks, but it really is not an issue for us to try him as a reliever next year. It's not like we're trying to contend or we have a packed bullpen or anything. The risk is nonexistent. Worst case scenario, he sucks and we lose more games, and get a better pick.

If you can't get guys out, you can't get guys out. Doesn't matter what inning you come into the game. Unless there's drastic change in the off season he's getting pretty close to a lost cause. As someone else pointed out, he's had little to no success above A ball and he will be 24 before next season. If he wasn't a top 10 pick he wouldn't crack our top 30 prospect list.

Edited by TheFutureIsNear

I don't like unloading on any player especially one of our current or former highly touted prospects, but I am having a hard time seeing Fulmer as a major league pitcher.

He has not been able to develop a controlled delivery, something that is necessary for getting rhythm and consistency on the mound. He doesn't even look good out there. Very disappointed seeing this tonight after all the inning he has thrown down in the minors. I just did not see any progress at all. no poise on the mound, no control.

I hope I am wrong, but it looks like picking him in the first round was a major mistake.

I love all the excuses for the Sox. He was rushed.

We should have lost 2 more games so we could have taken who we really wanted.

How bout the fact our system does not develop players??? I'd prefer keeping Carson on the big league team the rest of the year just to work with Cooper. Cooper who is arguably the BEST pitching coach can watch him, assess him and tell him what the f*** he needs to do in the offseason to reach his potential.

No minor league coach can help Fulmer. It's Cooper and Cooper is the BIG LEAGUE pitching instructor.

Cmon Sox ... don't send the kid back down. Have Cooper work with him for gawd sakes.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2017 -> 11:34 PM)
I love all the excuses for the Sox. He was rushed.

We should have lost 2 more games so we could have taken who we really wanted.

How bout the fact our system does not develop players??? I'd prefer keeping Carson on the big league team the rest of the year just to work with Cooper. Cooper who is arguably the BEST pitching coach can watch him, assess him and tell him what the f*** he needs to do in the offseason to reach his potential.

No minor league coach can help Fulmer. It's Cooper and Cooper is the BIG LEAGUE pitching instructor.

Cmon Sox ... don't send the kid back down. Have Cooper work with him for gawd sakes.

Great post Greg! I do wonder if maybe guys are being brought up too soon and also afraid to send them back down for a week or two.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 04:53 AM)
I'm beginning to have my doubts about Mr. Fulmer given his control issues and his overall pitching motion.

But Coop needs to work with him, right? It may be his only hope.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 12:51 AM)
Great post Greg! I do wonder if maybe guys are being brought up too soon and also afraid to send them back down for a week or two.

I think every player is different. Delmonico is hitting better in the majors than he did in AAA. I do think starting pitchers need some time in AAA. But we are seeing positional players jumping from AA to majors and having success.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 07:03 AM)
I think every player is different. Delmonico is hitting better in the majors than he did in AAA. I do think starting pitchers need some time in AAA. But we are seeing positional players jumping from AA to majors and having success.

Think the ball is tighter in the majors.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Aug 21, 2017 -> 09:59 PM)
I don't like unloading on any player especially one of our current or former highly touted prospects, but I am having a hard time seeing Fulmer as a major league pitcher.

He has not been able to develop a controlled delivery, something that is necessary for getting rhythm and consistency on the mound. He doesn't even look good out there. Very disappointed seeing this tonight after all the inning he has thrown down in the minors. I just did not see any progress at all. no poise on the mound, no control.

I hope I am wrong, but it looks like picking him in the first round was a major mistake.

I watched the Fulmer implosion. First inning was great. First hitter up in second inning (Vargus?) kept fouling off pitches after pitch, finally getting his walk. Those were good pitches. Then finally the walk, and it was all over. If I could sense it watching on TV, I'm sure the Twins could, too.