Hansen to AA

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 08:10 PM)
Lots of aggressive promotions to close the year. This is a real surprise to me.

This doesn't seem aggressive to me at all. Hansen has proved he is beyond A ball.

Keep in mind that by this time in Carson Fulmer's tenure, he had already been on the big league club. That is criminally aggressive, this seems about right.

Edited by turnin' two

All of the promotions are where guys are going to be playing next year anyway, this is more like the Sox rewarding kids a couple of weeks early.

I wouldn't say anything outside of the Collins promotion could be considered aggressive. The rest of the guys have been excelling at their current level and are ready to be challenged a bit more. I like the idea of giving these guys a taste of the higher level to end the season to give them an idea of things they need to address over the winter to come back and have more success at that level.

2. Fernando Tatis Jr., SS, Padres

Tatis looked like a promising-but-young shortstop in the first month or two of the Midwest League season. He'd show flashes of greatness, but a pitcher with a plan could generally figure out a way to send him back to the dugout.

But the great ones catch on fast, and Tatis has caught up and passed those pitchers who could toy with him in April. Now he's showing plus power, athleticism and most importantly a solid plan at the plate, which has made him one of the toughest outs in the league. He's now been promoted to Double-A San Antonio to end the season.

Not all of Padres general manager A.J. Preller's trades have worked out, but getting Tatis in a deal that sent well-past-his-prime righthander James Shields to the White Sox last year might end up as one of the heists of the decade. The White Sox will pay Shields $10 million to pitch for them next year on the heels of his 6-16, 6.44 record in 35 starts with them so far. In return the Padres got one of the better prospects in baseball and the best hitter in the minors in the second half of the season."

Yeah, that's pretty hard to take.

Edited by HeHatesShe

QUOTE (HeHatesShe @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 02:59 PM)
2. Fernando Tatis Jr., SS, Padres

Tatis looked like a promising-but-young shortstop in the first month or two of the Midwest League season. He'd show flashes of greatness, but a pitcher with a plan could generally figure out a way to send him back to the dugout.

But the great ones catch on fast, and Tatis has caught up and passed those pitchers who could toy with him in April. Now he's showing plus power, athleticism and most importantly a solid plan at the plate, which has made him one of the toughest outs in the league. He's now been promoted to Double-A San Antonio to end the season.

Not all of Padres general manager A.J. Preller's trades have worked out, but getting Tatis in a deal that sent well-past-his-prime righthander James Shields to the White Sox last year might end up as one of the heists of the decade. The White Sox will pay Shields $10 million to pitch for them next year on the heels of his 6-16, 6.44 record in 35 starts with them so far. In return the Padres got one of the better prospects in baseball and the best hitter in the minors in the second half of the season."

Yeah, that's pretty hard to take.

thanks jerry