sox marketing technique - acquiring attractive players

ron883

Title: sox marketing technique - acquiring attractive players. Is Brook Boyer using his sway to get a great looking team?

It's no secret that having good looking players can help build the female fanbase. The blackhawks had some great looking guys (sharp especially), and they were adored by the female fans. Kris Bryant is a heart throb and is a hit with the ladies.

The sox have been assembling quite a good looking squad. Lets take a look at what we got.

Matt%20Davidson%20Detroit%20Tigers%20v%2

547170.jpg

Matt Davidson and Nicky Delmonico are no brainers. Movie star looks with eyes you can get lost in.

igw4qp.jpg

Yoan Moncada is just straight built and his hair rivals Bryce Harper's.

vi7kYjtL.jpg

Lucas Giolito is nothing to scoff at.

Then you have news of this guy potentially making the starting rotation next year

michael-kopech-3.jpg

3 of these guys were acquired in the offseason in trades. Delmonico got called up this year and Davidson finally earned play time this year. All of these spects are up and Kopech will be up next year. It's no surprise these players were traded for and/or are getting rushed up. The FO knows the value having an attractive team can have. These future sox teams will earn a very good female following.

Looks sell and Brooks Boyer knows that. The Sox have stockpiled good prospects who are easy on the eyes. These future teams have the chance to get a LARGE fanbase.

Edit: It translated my title for some reason and i cant change it -_-

Edit by mod: Fixed the title

Edited by danman31

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 08:35 AM)
Moncada is far more handsome than Kris Bryant and I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

Me and my bro always say that Bryant has womanly features haha I think it's his eyes that make him look a little girly. So I agree with you on this.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 12:50 PM)
Ha!

It's been amazing how many woman have taken notice to Moncada. I've had multiple girls/women who don't care about sports ask about him. My friends mom, who is a Cubs fan and doesn't watch sports, was totally taken aback by Moncada. She couldn't believe how good looking a 21-year-old could be.

When you're 59 like me ALL 21 year olds are good looking.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 05:50 PM)
Ha!

It's been amazing how many woman have taken notice to Moncada. I've had multiple girls/women who don't care about sports ask about him. My friends mom, who is a Cubs fan and doesn't watch sports, was totally taken aback by Moncada. She couldn't believe how good looking a 21-year-old could be.

Actually my wife thinks Matt Davidson is cute and loves his hair. Darn!

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 11:50 AM)
Ha!

I know this sounds pretty ridiculous to say...but probably my biggest fear about Moncada is him getting too caught up in being "pretty" and turning into a prima donna.

This thread is actually pretty funny...but even my gal commented on how many good looking young guys the Sox have...and she hates baseball.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 11:28 AM)
Actually my wife thinks Matt Davidson is cute and loves his hair. Darn!

I remember Gordon used to always talk about Davidson's head of hair.

He is a good looking man.

Although his read for the White Sox Talk podcast leaves a bit to be desired...

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 01:43 PM)
I know this sounds pretty ridiculous to say...but probably my biggest fear about Moncada is him getting too caught up in being "pretty" and turning into a prima donna.

This thread is actually pretty funny...but even my gal commented on how many good looking young guys the Sox have...and she hates baseball.

Dude already has a shoe and car thing.