sox marketing technique - acquiring attractive players

ron883

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, pretty gutsy to start a thread like this. I am sure it has little if any impact on player personell decisions. I mean can you imagine making a choice between 2 draftees coming down to who is hotter ?

Hahn: Oh he is just dreamy

Williams : I like the one with the big butt.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 01:05 PM)
I have to admit, pretty gutsy to start a thread like this. I am sure it has little if any impact on player personell decisions. I mean can you imagine making a choice between 2 draftees coming down to who is hotter ?

Hahn: Oh he is just dreamy

Williams : I like the one with the big butt.

:lol:

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 01:01 PM)
When you're 59 like me ALL 21 year olds are good looking.

So funny you say that. 43 here and I suspect lower T levels have me transitioning from thinking "she's hot" to "s/he is a good looking young kid." It's like I only have one head doing the thinking and it is above my neck.

I've always said there's some sort of genetic connection between attractiveness and being exceptionally good at physical feats. Obviously there are exceptions, but superstars in sports also just tend to be good looking people. Same in the performing arts. It's prettttttty interesting.

Basically what I'm saying is ron is 100% right, and we're likely to be a good team in a couple years because our players are pretty. Fact.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 09:49 AM)
I've always said there's some sort of genetic connection between attractiveness and being exceptionally good at physical feats. Obviously there are exceptions, but superstars in sports also just tend to be good looking people. Same in the performing arts. It's prettttttty interesting.

Basically what I'm saying is ron is 100% right, and we're likely to be a good team in a couple years because our players are pretty. Fact.

I mean it's just hard to believe Glennon will be a good QB because of it I'm just sayin.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 06:43 PM)
I know this sounds pretty ridiculous to say...but probably my biggest fear about Moncada is him getting too caught up in being "pretty" and turning into a prima donna.

This thread is actually pretty funny...but even my gal commented on how many good looking young guys the Sox have...and she hates baseball.

Ali was pretty and he's the "greatest of all time." Victor Ortiz is a good looking guy and he definitely turned prima donna, tried to kiss Floyd Mayweather in a title fight and got clocked.

Funny thread but Bobby Jenks wasn't exactly a heartthrob and he was great.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 12:45 PM)
Cmon man, hah. He's a pretty standard looking guy and it's not like he's a chiseled Moncada/Robert/Kopech guy though.

Someone posted a guy who is pretty ugly dude. This thread makes me a wee bit uncomfortable, but I had to stick up for Collins.

Lol, I don't give a rip what any of them look like. I care how they play.

Was just providing Exhibit A into why Ron's theory in whack.

I can tell you that when Matt Davidson was out here in Phx on the Dbags...women swooned over him and his hair. Good lord...they were crushed when he was traded. A female friend of mine I worked with still has a gigantic woody for him...