Someones gotta do it: Sox @ Twins 8/30

Tim Anderson f***ing sucks. He need to just completely throw this season out the window. He has made zero progress at the plate and has gone backwards. Sick of seeing his ABs frankly. I was a huge fan after what he did in AAA and last year in MLB but FFS dude at a certain point doing the same thing over and over and over again is the def of insanity.

I bet he's glad he signed that deal. Right now he does not look like a MLB player.

Does it amaze anyone else that Minnesota was just absolutely awful last year (remember that long winless streak they had to start the season), and this year they have a wild card spot if playoffs were to start tomorrow, end of August. Just nuts how that works.

Granted there still is a month left, but the Twins are almost always the small market underdog team in the league to make a push for the playoffs (although they never get very far)

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 02:12 AM)
Tim Anderson f***ing sucks. He need to just completely throw this season out the window. He has made zero progress at the plate and has gone backwards. Sick of seeing his ABs frankly. I was a huge fan after what he did in AAA and last year in MLB but FFS dude at a certain point doing the same thing over and over and over again is the def of insanity.

I bet he's glad he signed that deal. Right now he does not look like a MLB player.

What did he do wrong tonight?

QUOTE (Scoots @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 08:13 PM)
Does it amaze anyone else that Minnesota was just absolutely awful last year (remember that long winless streak they had to start the season), and this year they have a wild card spot if playoffs were to start tomorrow, end of August. Just nuts how that works.

Granted there still is a month left, but the Twins are almost always the small market underdog team in the league to make a push for the playoffs (although they never get very far)

Their farm system started to suck so they fired the people responsible.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 09:13 PM)

They are a mediocre team with a negative pythag (some luck in close games) that is "in the playoff hunt" because of the 2nd WC.

Honestly this is about where the Sox should be in 2019, maybe even next year.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 08:36 PM)
They are a mediocre team with a negative pythag (some luck in close games) that is "in the playoff hunt" because of the 2nd WC.

Honestly this is about where the Sox should be in 2019, maybe even next year.

I don't think it;s that far fetched.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 09:43 PM)
I don't think it;s that far fetched.

Not with how mediocre the league and division look. Tigers are going to be awful and KC probably won't be much better. Minny isn't any great shakes and Cle is not a team that's going to just rampage through the division games either.

Sox should absolutely be looking to "compete" next year. And by that (why it's in quotes) I just mean not obviously tanking like they did at times this year. See what happens.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2017 -> 10:09 PM)
Atrocious hands. Just not an infielder IMO

Question is where do you put him? He has the speed to play left or center, but certainly not the range or of the ball-off-the-bat reading ability.

Outfield is taken for the future anyway. Obviously 2B is covered...if he can't play short he definitely can't do 3rd. Not sure he is the SS on this 2020 team unless he makes some absolutely dramatic changes, which is possible. See Avi. Gonna take a lot of determination, hard off-season work, and willingness to freaking adjust. Which he has not done at all this season.