- Adolfo injured his hand punching wall after 3 strikeout game

https://mobile.twitter.com/barstoolWSD/stat...258872709828609

Edited by fathom

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 10:42 AM)
From today's red line radio podcast, white sox dave dropped some bombs:

- Sox have given up on Fulmer as a starter

- Kopech on the Kris Bryant plan next year

- Collins up to majors by ASB next year

- Adolfo injured his hand punching wall after 3 strikeout game

Always frustrating seeing a self induced injury like that. Especially hurts after the break out year kicker is having.

The Kopech / Collins stuff point me on the path that the Sox want to get as many guys as feasibly ready up next year to get some of their "lumps" early so that they can truly be positioned to turn a corner in 2019 (and presumably so the front office has an idea what they have vs. don't have) as part of that process. I presume we'll see Eloy on a similar timetable as put out for Collins (presuming Eloy keeps doing his thing).

In terms of Fulmer, no surprise there.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 10:45 AM)
The Kopech / Collins stuff point me on the path that the Sox want to get as many guys as feasibly ready up next year to get some of their "lumps" early so that they can truly be positioned to turn a corner in 2019 (and presumably so the front office has an idea what they have vs. don't have) as part of that process. I presume we'll see Eloy on a similar timetable as put out for Collins (presuming Eloy keeps doing his thing).

In terms of Fulmer, no surprise there.

I do wonder what their plan is for Seby. He is in the AFL this summer and will start in AA next year id imagine. I'm sure the Sox are looking at a platoon with the two catchers. Seby crushes lefties and Collins crushes righties.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 10:54 AM)
I know there will be a fair share of paranoia about guys getting rushed, but next spring training and the season has the potential to be a lot of fun from beginning to end even if they're a 90 loss team again.

Kopech was easily one of the players that would have been up this year on a team that needed him.

I don't think we'll see Collins by the all star break.

If they truly have that as the plan that would be alarming. They should just let him play and when he deserves to be called up, call him up. There shouldn't be a deadline in place for when they are expecting a call-up.

My impression about how the sox are handling these players after this year is for their top prospects they say they will slowplay them, but have given those players something to work on. As soon as it seems they have put in the work to get around that, they get promoted and the team starts immediately talking them up as close to the bigs.

Collins k rate went down to 18% in august. Kopech cut his bb rates down.

Whether they actually do this is another thing. But I could see a case where this is real and they are reenforcing the idea that those items will prevent you from being a long-term big leaguer so take care of them first.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 11:01 AM)
My impression about how the sox are handling these players after this year is for their top prospects they say they will slowplay them, but have given those players something to work on. As soon as it seems they have put in the work to get around that, they get promoted and the team starts immediately talking them up as close to the bigs.

Collins k rate went down to 18% in august. Kopech cut his bb rates down.

Whether they actually do this is another thing. But I could see a case where this is real and they are reenforcing the idea that those items will prevent you from being a long-term big leaguer so take care of them first.

This makes sense - "hey to be successful in the majors you need to do X, Y and Z. Once we see you make progress/hit these milestones, we'll put you on the fast track because you'll be ready".

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 10:54 AM)
I know there will be a fair share of paranoia about guys getting rushed, but next spring training and the season have the potential to be a lot of fun from beginning to end even if they're a 90 loss team again.

I know I've said this before and people can fire away again. If they have an awful season next year with that plan, the rebuild has failed and they will need to start again.

If the rotation is Rodon, Lopez, Giolito and Kopech, all players they are counting on for the rebuild, they better not lose 90 games. They will struggle but they can't ALL struggle that badly.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 10:55 AM)
I don't think we'll see Collins by the all star break.

If they truly have that as the plan that would be alarming. They should just let him play and when he deserves to be called up, call him up. There shouldn't be a deadline in place for when they are expecting a call-up.

They obviously think he deserves to be pushed. If he continues to maintain an 800 OPS as he progresses with improvement in defense, there is no reason not to.