There's a Game on Today

hi8is

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 12:38 PM)
This is funny. My wife gets a kick out of Benetti and Stone and their banter back and forth

If you treat a Sox game like watching a sitcom where witty banter is the norm then Sox games can be entertaining. If you like actual baseball talk then perhaps your viewing experience is not as enjoyable. Things like Sox math , and Sticks and Stone and now the Kamka thing is a lot of silly filler but ,hey, that's entertainment !?!

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 03:48 PM)
If you treat a Sox game like watching a sitcom where witty banter is the norm then Sox games can be entertaining. If you like actual baseball talk then perhaps your viewing experience is not as enjoyable. Things like Sox math , and Sticks and Stone and now the Kamka thing is a lot of silly filler but ,hey, that's entertainment !?!

Well, I'm enjoying it more than listening to stories about Yaz and Catfish Hunter for the billionth time.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 02:56 PM)
Can you retell me the stories since you heard them so many times? If not maybe you just weren't open to those stories in the first place.

Probably because they weren't particularly interesting in the first place.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 03:11 PM)
He's getting a lot of swings and misses today. Really impressive

That was dominant and probably his most impressive outing in the org. Command and movement all over the damn place, if his velocity was what it used to be I don't even know what his ceiling would be.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 09:14 PM)
That was dominant and probably his most impressive outing in the org. Command and movement all over the damn place, if his velocity was what it used to be I don't even know what his ceiling would be.

Wait until he start using the backdoor curve to lefties like Gavin perfected

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 09:17 PM)
Crazy thing is looks like we might not have room for Dunning in the rotation with Kopech ready and Hansen following close behind

One of the more overlooked aspects of the rebuild is having enough depth to trade highly-ranked prospects for above average major leaguers.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 12:59 PM)
Probably because they weren't particularly interesting in the first place.

If I hear something a billion times even if uninteresting I'd probably have it memorized ;) Ok hey I'm not a fuzzy viewer the main thing is I'm watching the Sox . Do I like Hawk more? Yes . Do I dislike Benetti ? No no. I was just observing how different the approaches to the game are. I like sitcoms as much as the next guy.