Sign in to follow this  
hi8is

There's a Game on Today

QUOTE (Tony @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 07:25 PM)
Your jokes are worse than his... ;)

This is funny. My wife gets a kick out of Benetti and Stone and their banter back and forth

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 02:19 PM)
You're referring to Benetti, right

:notworthy

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 12:38 PM)
This is funny. My wife gets a kick out of Benetti and Stone and their banter back and forth

If you treat a Sox game like watching a sitcom where witty banter is the norm then Sox games can be entertaining. If you like actual baseball talk then perhaps your viewing experience is not as enjoyable. Things like Sox math , and Sticks and Stone and now the Kamka thing is a lot of silly filler but ,hey, that's entertainment !?!

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 03:48 PM)
If you treat a Sox game like watching a sitcom where witty banter is the norm then Sox games can be entertaining. If you like actual baseball talk then perhaps your viewing experience is not as enjoyable. Things like Sox math , and Sticks and Stone and now the Kamka thing is a lot of silly filler but ,hey, that's entertainment !?!

Well, I'm enjoying it more than listening to stories about Yaz and Catfish Hunter for the billionth time.

looks like giolito really has taken a page right out of shields book - pitching off of his change up

QUOTE (Quin @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 12:49 PM)
Well, I'm enjoying it more than listening to stories about Yaz and Catfish Hunter for the billionth time.

Can you retell me the stories since you heard them so many times? If not maybe you just weren't open to those stories in the first place.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 02:56 PM)
Can you retell me the stories since you heard them so many times? If not maybe you just weren't open to those stories in the first place.

Probably because they weren't particularly interesting in the first place.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 08:59 PM)

Pretty sure I know more about Hawk's Boston teammates than I do the 83 WSox

That Souza AB, holy god. Change, FB, curve, all working. Giolito's change has impressed me the most today, can be elite.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 09:08 PM)
That Souza AB, holy god. Change, FB, curve, all working. Giolito's change has impressed me the most today, can be elite.

He's getting a lot of swings and misses today. Really impressive

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 03:11 PM)
He's getting a lot of swings and misses today. Really impressive

That was dominant and probably his most impressive outing in the org. Command and movement all over the damn place, if his velocity was what it used to be I don't even know what his ceiling would be.

Uh.... I really think the Gavin Floyd comps should be officially dead.

( also, please don't let me keep having to start game threads )

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 09:14 PM)
That was dominant and probably his most impressive outing in the org. Command and movement all over the damn place, if his velocity was what it used to be I don't even know what his ceiling would be.

Wait until he start using the backdoor curve to lefties like Gavin perfected

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 09:17 PM)
Crazy thing is looks like we might not have room for Dunning in the rotation with Kopech ready and Hansen following close behind

One of the more overlooked aspects of the rebuild is having enough depth to trade highly-ranked prospects for above average major leaguers.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 09:21 PM)
This game has been a freakin joy to watch.

This would be an ultimate tank win

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 3, 2017 -> 12:59 PM)

If I hear something a billion times even if uninteresting I'd probably have it memorized ;) Ok hey I'm not a fuzzy viewer the main thing is I'm watching the Sox . Do I like Hawk more? Yes . Do I dislike Benetti ? No no. I was just observing how different the approaches to the game are. I like sitcoms as much as the next guy.