Holland released, Fry called up, Moncada activated.

Bob Sacamano

Baseball-wise, it made no sense to keep throwing him out there except to help the team lose, and I don't think they consciously want to do that, even though at this point, it probably is the better option. Although Covey is the same thing, with Beck. Fry probaby will be a gas can. Holberg will start, go 3 or 4 innings ....

Give Holland a extra month off, and maybe someone gives him a chance next year.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 5, 2017 -> 01:05 PM)
Finally over. The tank season couldn't have happened without his contributions but maaaaaaaan was it hard to watch

The incredible thing was he was really good for a little while, then was about as bad as can be for about as long as you will ever see on a major league team before he got the boot. Even tanking teams pull the plug a little faster.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 5, 2017 -> 01:12 PM)
Holland was a good clubhouse presence and didn't blame anyone but himself. He wasn't going to be here next year so his release makes baseball sense. I have concerns about Beck and Pelfrey also

Whats there to be concerned about? Neither will be on the team next season.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 5, 2017 -> 01:14 PM)
Merkin thinks that's it for additional call ups

A little surprised no Goldberg. Other than that, not too surprising. I thought it was possible Danish would get a look out of the pen, but with his car accident, less surprising (even if injuries are indeed minor).

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Sep 5, 2017 -> 01:26 PM)
Doesn't seem like the org is even concerned with 2018 draft position much.

Because they released Holland?

The Sox bullpen is still horrific. They're going to lose plenty of games. Top 4 pick is a lock, but Tigers coming on fast. Still think they'll finish with #3 pick.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 5, 2017 -> 01:41 PM)
Holland's ERA on June 1 was 2.37.

9.32 after.

Yes. It probably was the worst 3 month stretch a starting pitcher ever had without being yanked from the rotation for the White Sox.

Jaime Navarro might have been worse overall. I do recall a game when he gave up 8 or 9 runs that he actually complained about run support. But I doubt he had a stretch that bad that long.

Edited by Dick Allen