Carlos Rodon to the DL, will not pitch again in 2017

southsider2k5

https://mobile.twitter.com/scottmerkin/stat...364632348098560

They are still being very vague with things. What would be the cause of re-evaluating him next week unless he's going for a second opinion to the guy he went to in Spring Training? It doesn't sound if this is the same type of soreness he had due to bursitis.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Tony @ Sep 8, 2017 -> 11:24 PM)
Yeah this quote sucks.

Rodon's concern with the shoulder: "We’ll see. Still evaluating. I’ll definitely be back to pitch next year, no doubt about that."

Via Merkin

Why would he even say that given how supposedly minor this injury is? Something about that quote rubs me the wrong way. That's like me needing to sharpen my pencil during an exam and voluntarily assuring my professor that I will be able to complete it in time.

Plus this is from the story on the White Sox site:

"Rodon's first start in 2017 didn't come until June 28 after he missed the first three months of the season due to biceps bursitis. The southpaw didn't feel right on Thursday when he started warming up, and he said this most recent MRI showed the same results as one done at the end of Spring Training.

I take that to mean he has the same injury situation again even though the Sox were very cautious with him.

That is very troubling to me.