Shohei Otani is likely coming to the USA

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 3, 2017 -> 06:27 PM)
Oh stop, that joke is so 2 years ago. I do find it funny Tony was so quick to say I was wrong and then it quickly came out I might not be.

You “worry” about the cubs signing every major free agent, without fail. When you stop then the joke won’t be current anymore

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Dec 4, 2017 -> 01:43 AM)
Ohtani needs some new agents already. This questionnaire/slow reveal is making every other fan base hate him. Not good when so much of his money is going to be tied up in marketing. It might now have been the best strategy.

Actually agree with this

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 3, 2017 -> 06:50 PM)
Is Ohtani the most hyped newcomer, perhaps, ever? I don't recall there being that much intrigue in a new guy. The scouting report, the foreign media following, and the way he picks his teams, the buzz is unreal.

It's because of his situation being so unique. A top talent coming over with basicly every team having some sort of chance.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 3, 2017 -> 07:02 PM)
Didn't know how many connections the Padres have to Ohtani. Would be fascinating if he went there.

Who wouldn't want to live in San Diego? LOL. The more I think about it, the more I think he's going to be a Padre.

Edited by Jack Parkman