Notes from last night's game

ScootsMcGoots

So I went to the game last night, and thought I might post what my observations were as I watched certain things throughout the game.

Probably the most eye popping positive remark I can make is on the team chemistry. The team was so fun to watch, even warming up! The Tigers had a Spanish performance pre-game and Jose and Timmy danced together. One player was helping another do stretches and like 5 other players dog-piled them. Yolmer was hilarious. One thing he did was hold Saladino's and Moncada'shand during the anthem, and Tyler was trying to get loose but Yolmer would not let go. I was dying. I even got Yolmer's attention and did that Mickey mouse thing he does when he gets a hit. He got a kick out of that.

Alen Hanson was very energetic in the dugout as well. Jose playing with the kids in the crowd, smiling and laughing. This team was very fun to watch, and you can tell they have a great atmosphere going. I think personally this is a direct result of Ricky Renteria and the time he has set.

As far as play goes, yes bullpen sucked, but everything else was decent. Moncada blast was great. Avi making his usual solid contact for some singles. Defense wasn't bad. Fulmer had one rough inning, but he seemed to have some nice control. That delivery, though, irked me a bit. Wish he would tone it down. Not sure how it looked on tv but seemed like the ump blew a lot of calls. Not sure though.

All in all, this team was very fun to watch, even if they did lose. Can't wait to see them play when they are a winning ballclub.

Also, Comerica Park is a very nice park to go to, if anyone ever wants to make a trip to Detroit. Very nice views from anywhere you sit, and doesn't take forever to walk around the park despite the amount of space that field used. Food is decent. I recommend it!!