Rodon has minor shoulder surgery

Jose Abreu

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 28, 2017 -> 03:50 PM)
Dan Hayes‏Verified account

@CSNHayes

Significant bursitis was discovered. But biceps and labrum were fine. #WhiteSox give general timeframe of 6-8 months.

The short end of the prognosis puts him right in for opening day. The far end is more like the beginning of June. By the time he gets some innings in the minors to get ready, it could be something like July 4th before we see Rodon again.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2017 -> 03:53 PM)
The short end of the prognosis puts him right in for opening day. The far end is more like the beginning of June. By the time he gets some innings in the minors to get ready, it could be something like July 4th before we see Rodon again.

I could be interpreting incorrectly, but I think rehab would be included in that time. Worst case scenario, he's out until June.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 28, 2017 -> 03:51 PM)
For a shoulder surgery this is pretty much best case scenario, right?

Yes. I had rotator cuff surgery on both shoulders about six months apart. Wish I just had to do what Rodon did instead.

Edited by wolves01

Do I do it? Yeah I'm doing it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 8, 2017 -> 10:49 AM)
He certainly hasn't opened it up much or he wouldn't have even bothered warming up. This was a last second thing.

Just remember how extra cautious the White Sox have been with injuries this season. If there was any hint of anything being wrong with Rodon prior to 20 minutes before last night's game, he wouldn't have even tried warming up.

But the proof will be in the pudding. You will hear the MRI came up with nothing structural, but Rodon will be shelved for the time being.

Anyway, counting on Rodon to contribute to the next White Sox competitive team right now is a gamble.

Hopefully between Fulmer and Rodon we can at least get 1 starting pitcher out of those 2 drafts. I wonder if Rodon might be able to pull things together out of the bullpen, that slider might be really effective in short bursts.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 28, 2017 -> 04:02 PM)
Well there's your answer:

Chicago White Sox‏Verified account

@whitesox

If all goes as expected, he would rejoin White Sox rotation as soon as Opening Day or late as June 1.

So in WhiteSox speak,that is An August target date. Shoulder surgery are the 2 worst words for a pitcher other than amputation and death. Hopefully this was,the best case scenario and he can move past it quickly.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Sep 28, 2017 -> 05:18 PM)
People predicted injury issues for him when he was drafted (not me). I guess Sale is next up.

If you predict every pitcher will get hurt, you will be right a lot more than wrong. Look at the 2 selected instead o Rodon. Its one reason Theo takes hitters high.

Hopefully the team is being straight on the surgery and recovery. They hav n't been very forthcoming with injuries recently. And it isn't a bad time to be out 6-8 months

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 28, 2017 -> 04:36 PM)
Do I do it? Yeah I'm doing it.

Anyway, counting on Rodon to contribute to the next White Sox competitive team right now is a gamble.

Hopefully between Fulmer and Rodon we can at least get 1 starting pitcher out of those 2 drafts. I wonder if Rodon might be able to pull things together out of the bullpen, that slider might be really effective in short bursts.

Es

Funny I got suspended for doing this.