2017-2018 MLB player movement rumors and reports

southsider2k5

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 03:07 PM)
Dick Vitale (a Rays season ticket holder) is pretty pissed. He sent out a tweet saying fans aren't paying major league prices to see minor league players.

Dick lives outside of Venice, FL, which is a 3.5 hour drive to Miami. I doubt he sees many Marlin games.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 02:07 PM)
Dick Vitale (a Rays season ticket holder) is pretty pissed. He sent out a tweet saying fans aren't paying major league prices to see minor league players.

Last I checked Rays fans weren't spending their money to see major league players either.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 09:07 PM)

He's not in favor of the tank obviously. I've been preaching this to the choir during the Sox rebuild. It's pretty sad fans have to pay 40 bucks to park a car or whatever it is and 11 bucks for a beer and 18 bucks for a burger, fries and coke and watch a team that's tanking on purpose. Very sad. I wish the fans would boycott during the tank years then come back when the rebuild is complete.

It's bogus.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 21, 2017 -> 12:46 AM)
He's not in favor of the tank obviously. I've been preaching this to the choir during the Sox rebuild. It's pretty sad fans have to pay 40 bucks to park a car or whatever it is and 11 bucks for a beer and 18 bucks for a burger, fries and coke and watch a team that's tanking on purpose. Very sad. I wish the fans would boycott during the tank years then come back when the rebuild is complete.

It's bogus.

Well technically they don't "have" to. I still enjoy going and kicking it at the park with some friends. Especially friends I haven't seen in a while.

It's bogus.

It’s an ownership problem. Free agent salaries have gone up fast. The league should start to put pressure on owners to sell their teams if they won’t pay up to field competitive rosters.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (oldsox @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 06:34 PM)
Dick lives outside of Venice, FL, which is a 3.5 hour drive to Miami. I doubt he sees many Marlin games.

Versus the 40 minute ride he has to the Trop. Assume Dick has a driver though no matter where he goes

I think the Indians signing Alonzo for 2/15 is an absolute steal. He's going to like getting out of the huge west coast parks and into the ALC parks. And there's three rebuilding teams in the ALC so he'll see his fair share of young pitching mistakes that find their way over the heart of the plate for him to pound on. Smart pickup by the Indians.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 21, 2017 -> 09:13 AM)
I think the Indians signing Alonzo for 2/15 is an absolute steal. He's going to like getting out of the huge west coast parks and into the ALC parks. And there's three rebuilding teams in the ALC so he'll see his fair share of young pitching mistakes that find their way over the heart of the plate for him to pound on. Smart pickup by the Indians.

I like the Alonso and Moreland signs over what Hosmer will get. Hosmer may be the better player but for how much they signed for, that's great value.

It's bogus.

I went last season, and your numbers are ridiculously inflated. Like at least double on each item you mentioned, triple in some cases. If you're going to b**** about this, at least be accurate.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 21, 2017 -> 11:13 AM)
I went last season, and your numbers are ridiculously inflated. Like at least double on each item you mentioned, triple in some cases. If you're going to b**** about this, at least be accurate.

I was just about to mention that as well. I think we've corrected it before as well, but alas, ignored per usual.

It's bogus.

Those would be the prices if the Sox adopted your "spend baby, spend" mentality on the free agent market.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 21, 2017 -> 08:20 PM)
Rumors on twitter that G. Cole to Pirates is possibly gonna happen. Have to assume Cutch is traded then if Frazier is included. In general, I'm surprised at how little activity has been rumored for WSox besides Manny

"Yankees get Cole in their stocking". How many times will this get used? 5 times? 10?

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 21, 2017 -> 08:20 PM)
Rumors on twitter that G. Cole to Pirates is possibly gonna happen. Have to assume Cutch is traded then if Frazier is included. In general, I'm surprised at how little activity has been rumored for WSox besides Manny

Rumors are that Pirates want Gleybar, Yankees countering with Frazier (not Todd)