2017-2018 MLB player movement rumors and reports

southsider2k5

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon Morosi‏Verified account @jonmorosi 23m23 minutes ago Source: #BlueJays have yet to make formal multiyear extension proposal this offseason to Josh Donaldson, who will become a free agent after 2018. In fairness, there is no urgency to do so right now; most logical window is during arbitration talks after New Year. @MLB @MLBNetwork

10 replies 42 retweets 73 likes

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 08:00 PM)

If the Yankees are considering no names, they should just suck it up and call Girardi and get him back. He's obviously a better manager than anybody they are going to get at this point. I get it. Yankee front office and owner threw a fit after the Yankees were denied the WS. Houston had a great team. The Yankees were young. Get over it.

I wish the Sox would hire Girardi and let him groom our young kids when it's time. In the interim he can get used to the South Side and the Cell. You can bet if the Yankees hire some unknown guy the guy will be roasted in the press next season.

Edited by greg775

I'd laugh if Arrieta signed with Milwaukee. The amount of b****ing by cub fans would be hilarious. Just like with Fowler when he signed with STL.

The Yanks could always try Lou Piniella, again. Seriously though, based on the little I've read on the Yanks managerial search, I'd say Meulens is their best bet for the job. According to quotes I've read from, he looks to a have a great understanding on how important it is for the manger to communicate with his players.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 09:42 PM)
I'd laugh if Arrieta signed with Milwaukee. The amount of b****ing by cub fans would be hilarious. Just like with Fowler when he signed with STL.

The Yanks could always try Lou Piniella, again. Seriously though, based on the little I've read on the Yanks managerial search, I'd say Meulens is their best bet for the job. According to quotes I've read from, he looks to a have a great understanding on how important it is for the manger to communicate with his players.

lol...yeah. I'd love it even more if he ended up in St Loo...

QUOTE (Wanne @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 01:04 PM)
lol...yeah. I'd love it even more if he ended up in St Loo...

Arrieta seems like a case of a player wanting to get paid for past performance instead of what the future likely holds. He's a solid pitcher, but he likely peaked in 2015/2016. I'd be nervous going beyond 4 years on a pitcher who will be 32 on opening day 2018, and that has shown signs of regression.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 01:13 PM)
Arrieta seems like a case of a player wanting to get paid for past performance instead of what the future likely holds. He's a solid pitcher, but he likely peaked in 2015/2016. I'd be nervous going beyond 4 years on a pitcher who will be 32 on opening day 2018, and that has shown signs of regression.

He's also solidly the best starting pitcher on the market right now, the only one even close to him is Darvish who is also 31, and there are teams that need pitching.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 12:13 PM)

Well he's never really gotten the chance of a big pay day until now since he broke out kinda later.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 07:42 PM)

Letting go of Girardi was pretty stupid IMO... of course, what the f*** do I know? :P

Jerry Crasnick‏Verified account @jcrasnick 1h1 hour ago The #Rays expect to tender Brad Miller a contract by Friday's deadline if they don't trade him before then, says a source. Miller had a core muscle injury this year and fell from 30 homers to 9. #Rays beat scribe @TBTimes_Rays said today that he thinks Miller will be tendered.

Ben Badler‏ @BenBadler 5m5 minutes ago Ben Badler Retweeted Atlanta Braves

The Angels pick up international bonus pool space for 2017-18. Worth noting given all the talent that's become available recently.

Atlanta BravesVerified account @Braves The #Braves have acquired LHP Justin Kelly from the Angels in exchange for RHP Jim Johnson: 1 reply 11 retweets 5 likes

Jon Morosi‏Verified account @jonmorosi 1h1 hour ago Sources: Evan Longoria's name not seriously involved -- yet -- in ongoing #STLCards/#Rays talks centered on Alex Colome. But Cardinals could look to add bat at 3B if they fail to land Giancarlo Stanton. Stay tuned. @MLB @MLBNetwork