A truly horrible story

southsider2k5

Guest hotsoxchick1
uh why did the state not know about this kid, if she was in her mother's custody they should have been on top of things. i'm not saying the mother is innocent but still.

and umm why did the father wait so long.. if i couldnt get ahold of someone who had my kid for even a day, i would be going for a visit to see what was up.......not sayin that the mother is innocent in all of this but geez us the father should have used a bit more concern here too.......as well as the state, espically if the mother was in their charge....everyone all around f***ed up on this one.......mho....

Perhaps the father didn't have any visitation rights, or the mother had a restraining order to keep the father away.... then Dad hears Mom is in jail and starts asking about the kid..... don't be so quick to judge before you know the circumstances.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Perhaps the father didn't have any visitation rights, or the mother had a restraining order to keep the father away.... then Dad hears Mom is in jail and starts asking about the kid..... don't be so quick to judge before you know the circumstances.

sorry yas i dont agree, no matter what the situation was...if your concerned enough about your kid you dont wait around two weeks before you call the "cops" .......mho where theres a WILL theres always a way......

If the father was so bad, he has no visitation rights, yet a women who would leave the kid alone for so long did, he has to be a huge f*** up. Some people should just not have children.

sorry yas i dont agree,  no matter what the situation was...if your concerned enough about your kid you dont wait around two weeks before you call the "cops" .......mho where theres a WILL theres always a way......

I had read the CNN article yesterday and it mentioned that the mother and father did not keep in contact and that the father did not see the kid much at all. Two different stories pretty much. The father should receive no blame in this. The woman obviously kept the kid away from the father or she would have given her daughter to him to watch while she served her time. She's a deadbeat and should be sentenced to prison where this story circulates through the population and some lifer takes it upon themselves to serve this woman a nice, slow painful death....perhaps drown her with Ketchup.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I had read the CNN article yesterday and it mentioned that the mother and father did not keep in contact and that the father did not see the kid much at all.  Two different stories pretty much.  The father should receive no blame in this.  The woman obviously kept the kid away from the father or she would have given her  daughter to him to watch while she served her time. She's a deadbeat and should be sentenced to prison where this story circulates through the population and some lifer takes it upon themselves to serve this woman a nice, slow painful death....perhaps drown her with Ketchup.

mmmmmm beer im not excusing what the mother did at all.... she should be severely punished as well.... all i was trying to point out is, if you care enough about your kids no matter what the circumstances are that surround keeping them from you ... you try your hardest to make contact and when you cant, you take action.....i dont think that two weeks is a length of time i would have waited though.. id have jumped on that sooner....... ;) steve said it best.. some people just shouldnt be parents.....

Almost as bad--Did anyone read the story in the Trib today and yesterday about the couple in Gary, IN that were keeping an 18 year old girl caged in their house? They shocked her with electrical cords, burned her with cigarettes, made her eat cigs until she puked, then made her eat the puke. She was also allegedly raped by the father, and by the mother with a fireplace poker! This girl is also supposedly mildly retarded or something. If I ran into this couple, I think I would kill them both. I don't even think I'm exaggerating.

Almost as bad--Did anyone read the story in the Trib today and yesterday about the couple in Gary, IN that were keeping an 18 year old girl caged in their house?  They shocked her with electrical cords, burned her with cigarettes, made her eat cigs until she puked, then made her eat the puke.  She was also allegedly raped by the father, and by the mother with a fireplace poker!  This girl is also supposedly mildly retarded or something.  If I ran into this couple, I think I would kill them both.  I don't even think I'm exaggerating.

Kill 'em. Enough said.

BTW while the story focused on what she ate, in a survival situation the rule of 3s applies.

3 minutes without oxygen

3 hours without warmth

3 days without water

3 weeks and longer without food.

I wonder where she got the water.

Mom said a neighbor was watching the baby. We may find out the neighbor decided to just leave the kid and mom is innocent. There are dads out there who are divirced or never married the mother of their child. Way too many only phone occasionally. He may be a piss poor father but I would call him legally wrong here.

Anotehr factor to mess this kid up, more than just s***ty parents, is the effects of the 3 week isolation. THat is a very long time to be cut off from human contact but physically and emotionaly. Scientist have a hard time quantifying the effects but they are never good, especially at that young an age.

sorry yas i dont agree,  no matter what the situation was...if your concerned enough about your kid you dont wait around two weeks before you call the "cops" .......mho where theres a WILL theres always a way......

Bulls***. You may have the will, but if you exercise the way, your ass ends up behind bars. Being a father in a certain situations has it's very real and very distinct disadvantages.