Gun Violence in America

TaylorStSox

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 03:03 PM)
I posted elsewhere too, but lest we forget his run in with the bald eagle...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/am...t-a6767501.html

To be fair, we have a cockatiel and it freaks me out every time it lands on me, but I also don't claim to be some tough guy. This guy is a colossal sally.

It just amazes me how much he gets away with. He is such a phony, but some people still buy everything he says even though the evidence shows he isn't about anybody but himself. And maybe Ivanka.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 03:07 PM)
It just amazes me how much he gets away with. He is such a phony, but some people still buy everything he says even though the evidence shows he isn't about anybody but himself. And maybe Ivanka.

And that's just because he wants to sleep with her.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 02:53 PM)
Yeah, Trump would have gone in there without a weapon. For sure.

has admitted to finding the sight of blood “disgusting.” In a 2008 interview with Howard Stern, Trump told the shock jock that he turned away from an injured elderly man who had fallen off the stage at a Mar-a-Lago benefit because he couldn’t stomach the sight of blood.

Dont forget Megyn Kelly and the reaction to Mika’s plastic surgery...

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 09:52 PM)
How many national guards do you propose for each school? Do we reverse the recent tax breaks to pay for this?

Until we can get laws changed, as many as needed. Private schools will have to double their tuition. Public schools, tax the public to pay for the guard. Maybe it will force the politicians to get the guns off the streets. There is absolutely no reason to have these weapons in the public's hands.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 04:57 PM)
Until we can get laws changed, as many as needed. Private schools will have to double their tuition. Public schools, tax the public to pay for the guard. Maybe it will force the politicians to get the guns off the streets. There is absolutely no reason to have these weapons in the public's hands.

I actually agree with Greg on this. Let's figure out what the true cost of protecting our schools will be if we do nothing else on guns. Once the thought of raising taxes is proposed, maybe then people will be outraged enough to do something about it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 04:57 PM)

The odds of that getting voted in are less than zero if it comes with increased cost, plus armed security guards arent going to make it safer. Many schools already have them.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Feb 27, 2018 -> 12:12 PM)
You guys are seeing something I don't see. Was he shocked and surprised? Yes. So what? I would be too (as would you).

Why didn't he run after the guy and tackle him himself?

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Feb 27, 2018 -> 12:12 PM)
You guys are seeing something I don't see. Was he shocked and surprised? Yes. So what? I would be too (as would you).

He certainly didn't react like a guy who would go in after a gun man unarmed. But as Colbert said, maybe he would stab him with his bone spurs. He is also on record from getting away from someone who fell at Mar A Lago, because he was sickened by the sight of blood. How would he have done in that school? Of course he is also on record bragging about assaulting women. Yet the women who accuse him are all liars.

All because he put an R after his name.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (SoxFan2003 @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 11:02 PM)
I actually agree with Greg on this. Let's figure out what the true cost of protecting our schools will be if we do nothing else on guns. Once the thought of raising taxes is proposed, maybe then people will be outraged enough to do something about it.

Thanks, Soxfan. I was thinking the tax hike would outrage people to do something, as you wrote. That did cross my mind as well. I want the kids protected. If you watched the kids speak on TV, they were pissed. One of them said they are coming and they will overturn the system someday when they get elected to office. They know it's ridiculous to have these guns on the street and they will change the laws to protect their kids but it may take years til they become our politicians.

Here's a good one:

Stephen Colbert

@StephenAtHome

I’m surprised the NRA was affiliated with car rental companies at all, considering Hertz and Avis enforce tyrannical rules like "age restrictions" and "having a license."

9:06 PM - Feb 26, 2018

36K people are talking about this

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 28, 2018 -> 11:18 AM)
Also raising age to 21 for firearm purchases.

Isnt it crazy these things were sold at Dicks in the first place? WTF

They haven't been for years, but were sold at Field & Stream, which is owned by Dick's. They'll no longer be sold there either.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 28, 2018 -> 10:49 AM)
Now we know how they have survived while Sports Authority and friends have had to shut down.

Dicks is kind of a step above those places IMO, at least in quality of space and merch. I love going there for some gear, but I honestly have never noticed weapons being sold there. I've always gone to Cabellas.