Gun Violence in America

TaylorStSox

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Read your own f***ing words, you getting to feel like a big man and having the Colorado shooter put to death more quickly is not going to "stop this". You said it would. Bulls***. 

You are insane IMO. I never said that. I said putting him to death immediately when we KNOW he did it would make me feel better and the victims feel better. You are crazy. Calm down and give me a break. Somebody else on here said he should be killed now less than a page ago and ignoring that, you are incorrectly quoting me from years ago.

Just now, greg775 said:

You are insane IMO. I never said that. I said putting him to death immediately when we KNOW he did it would make me feel better and the victims feel better. You are crazy. Calm down and give me a break. Somebody else on here said he should be killed now less than a page ago and ignoring that, you are incorrectly quoting me from years ago.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

I've said that in some of my rampages on soxtalk and got fried for my position. I was saying, OK, we know who did it (like the colorado movie asshole; glad I'm forgetting his name), we are POSITIVE who did it, so kill him. We could look up the responses, but I got hammered on here. It's sad stuff but America doesn't truly care to stop it so we won't.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

It amazes me that in the 21st century that we avoid showing smoking on TV because of how afraid we are that it will influence kids to smoke, but we headline this kind of stuff with no apparent though by the same media ownership groups that it will influence anyone.

True, but this stuff has to be covered. How can you ignore such massive news? Also it 'might' in some cases help to know who the asshole is who pulled the trigger and why. If it wasn't covered, the parents and people of the community would want to know if there's a present danger or if it was one sole killer, etc.

I said: "It's sad stuff but America doesn't truly care to stop it so we won't."

That means we don't care to get the guns off the streets so we won't. We don't care to get to the root of why the killers kill so we won't. We don't care to try to be like other countries that don't have these problems so we won't be like them and eradicate the problem. How you can take my sentence and say we can solve the issue by killing the perpetrator immediately is beyond me. I said we know who did it we have irrefutable proof of who did it, in many cases the person ADMITS he did it, so yes sometimes I feel we should just kill him now.

Rabbit has regularly defended these white supremacist rallies as "free speech" rallies and sees nothing wrong with asking why there are so many Jews in the media. He follows numerous right wing conspiracy theories. He's showed his cards plenty of times.

Rabbit said one thing that’s correct.

Point #4.   Trump’s consistent 35-40% is largely becoming more and more entrenched in their beliefs (deep state conspiracy, Trump would be the greatest president in the world if “he was only allowed to do his job,” evil liberals and the media aren’t treating him fairly).   Obama is the one who originated this identity politics of war by “declaring war against those who cling to their guns and religion” and apologized for “American Exceptionalism” and Trump is finally making the country great again, etc.

The problem with that narrative is that you’re eventually going to drive those in the middle to come up with a better solution...some sort of compromise that sides with the idea of “doing the greatest good for the greatest number of Americans.”  This group would move to form a block with the Dems on gun control and health care/education policies and to the right on other policies such as immigration, foreign policy and fostering entrepreneurship/start-ups.

Even if you believe that Obama was an operative for BLM and his sole goal was to divide blacks from whites with the mission of reallocating benefits away from white males to minorities....there’s still no way to believe (if you’re being objective) that the goal from the very beginning of the Trump Administration was to divide, distract and conquer by discouraging those on the other side to just give up and acquiesce instead of mounting a vigorous response.

Of course, Trump’s also quite smart in the sense that he soaks up so much air in the room that the Democrats have barely been able to break through in getting their own agenda out in front of the public.

Not all Trump voters are “deplorables,” but it’s also not just a few “goofballs” or confused young kids...those with overtly racist beliefs number in America number in the millions, not just a couple of 100,000 in only Deep South states.

7 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Rabbit has regularly defended these white supremacist rallies as "free speech" rallies and sees nothing wrong with asking why there are so many Jews in the media. He follows numerous right wing conspiracy theories. He's showed his cards plenty of times.

I thought the right was supporting Israel in all ways...shouldn’t more Jewish people working in the media and protecting Netanyahu be a good thing?

I see the pictures of the students and teacher that was killed today then look up from my desk and see my students. I look in the hall and see my fellow teachers. Any of us could be next.

That my fellow soxtalkers sucks.

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

I see the pictures of the students and teacher that was killed today then look up from my desk and see my students. I look in the hall and see my fellow teachers. Any of us could be next.

That my fellow soxtalkers sucks.

Yes. It's very sad. Did you see the interview of the 14 year old girl today? CNN or somebody asked her if she was surprised this happened at her school? She said, "No, actually after all the shootings I expected it to happen at my school." It's the new normal and it won't stop. The gun lovers say, "Yeah, but ...." and actually want weapons of mass destruction to be readily available. Since there's a 2 percent chance the government might some day attack the citizenry, we have to have the right to have these weapons of destruction in our hands.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/6168921/sines-v-kessler/?page=4

Sines vs. Kessler

FOUR pages of motions and “due process”

As far as the Heather Heyer “heart attack” claims, that’s PizzaGate and Seth Rich all rolled into one neat little bundle.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/trending-now/heather-heyers-parents-preach-love-action-after-daughters-death/593607646

Good people on both sides?  I have yet to see anyone involved on the right with a message of peace/tolerance/forgiveness.   Let alone espousing that VERY message after a family member has just been murdered.

Edited by caulfield12

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

I thought the right was supporting Israel in all ways...shouldn’t more Jewish people working in the media and protecting Netanyahu be a good thing?

This is one where the full right doesn't necessarily act in a way that is easily understood outside of the religious motivation. The same guy who described people literally marching below swastikas and chanting "Jews will not replace us" as "Very fine people" now has a plaque supporting him at the new American embassy in Jerusalem. If that isn't a contradiction I don't know what is.

This is the complexity of the religious relationship over there. They may be totally ok with getting rid of Jews over here as enemies of the pure race, but at the same time the religious portion of this group also needs Israel to exist and to begin rebuilding the temple at the site of the Temple Mount/Al Aqsa Mosque to launch the final war that will bring the second coming.

Basically, it’s hate the Jews (except when they are fighting Muslims in the Middle East, who are relatively/comparatively “worse”)...unless it can be used as an excuse to ramp up defense/military spending.  Meanwhile, domestically, we can continue to blame the Jewish banking Rothschild cabal/syndicate for marginalizing poor/white/rural areas.

Of course, all those people who are overtly or covertly anti-Jewish see absolutely nothing wrong with being on the side of Jared Kushner and Ivanka (even though they are literally being accused of “grift/enriching themselves” nearly every day.)

The irony this week is that Trump was doing deals with Chinese/Indonesian companies for the Jakarta resort/amusement park.  It’s nice to conveniently overlook the fact that he doesn’t mind dealing with Muslims in Indonesia or Saudi Arabia when it enriches his business empire handsomely.

So many contradictions, it will make your head spin.    Like farmers who are completely for Federal government subsidies (see Grassley, Chuck) but who act like you just robbed their great grandparents at gunpoint if you try to pass a MINISCULE amount of SNAP funding for the poorest of the poor (mostly WHITES) in MOSTLY Trump’s electoral states.  They also don’t see any contradiction with corporate welfare/lobbying being completely okay but government support for the poor being anathema.

Edited by caulfield12

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Americans care more about kids than guns.

Actually this is it. We have to wait for the Millenials to take office and get the weapons off the streets. If the government has a plan to take over the populace, so be it. There's no need for all these weapons. Now, it's probably too late already. The kooks are not going to give up their guns. They will hide them and this leaves the opportunity for students to take their parents' guns to school to kill. The Millenials will eventually take over the house and senate and they might tackle the problem for their kids' sake.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Actually this is it. We have to wait for the Millenials to take office and get the weapons off the streets. If the government has a plan to take over the populace, so be it. There's no need for all these weapons. Now, it's probably too late already. The kooks are not going to give up their guns. They will hide them and this leaves the opportunity for students to take their parents' guns to school to kill. The Millenials will eventually take over the house and senate and they might tackle the problem for their kids' sake.

Tell me what we care about more, guns or a 6 year old. There's my case.

1 minute ago, raBBit said:

LOL.

As much as I'd love to respond back to all of you - who have all chose to get personal towards me instead of address my points - I am going to let it go. The pettiness out here really is jarring though. Look at my post. It's all about the event at hand. All the responses are personal. Bringing up old topics. Jokes. Mocking. Snarl words. Over and over again.

It's about ideas it's not about people and trying to tear them down. You guys can all trash me on my way out but I do hope one day you gain tolerance and learn to embrace diversity - in all forms of expression - in a way that extends past just saying you believe in it.

"Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of the truth." - Albert Einstein

Keep truckin man.  Rationality and objectivity are the best of traits and the birth of all things good.  It’s why double-blind experiments exist. 

• Like 1

Just now, raBBit said:

Dude cmon haha. Her death wasn't a mystery where her body was left out in the forrest for weeks before being found. She was being treated very shortly after the crash.

Where is the court case where it was ruled a homicide though? What was sentenced to? This is a very high profile case. Suprised is hasn't been all over the news.

Jesus H. Christ dude in January the court date was set for November 2018 for First Degree Murder charges for the driver. By definition "First Degree Murder" charges filed are homicide charges. It's May, November is 6 months from now. I don't know why courts set the schedule that they do, but if you want to prove that the 10 month delay between the trial date being set and the trial date is unusual for high profile cases that's on you, because I would contend it is not.

A good prosecutor would not want press right now no matter how strong the case was because "Here press is all our evidence" biases the jury pool. 

6 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Jesus H Christ is right. I am just confused. I am just confused because Tony said this was already ruled a murder and that he believes in due process but it seems this trial hasn't even started.

So if Tony's version is right and this guy accepts a 2nd degree murder plea bargain in October or he's convicted afterwards, do you admit you were defending a white supremacist murderer and change your behavior based on the fact that you spent a year defending a murderer on behalf of a white supremacist using conspiracy theories?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She (Santa Fe student) told reporters she was scared, struggled to keep calm and remembered another student having a panic attack. 

Despite the fear, the gunshots she heard and the trauma she'll deal with the rest of her life, the incident came as no surprise to Paige. 

"It's been happening everywhere, I've always kind of felt that eventually it would happen here, too," Paige told CNN affiliate KPRC-TV.

This is the 22nd US school shooting since the beginning of the year, and the third instance (nationally in) eight days in which a gunman was on a school campus.
It's also the third time within a six-month period the state of Texas has made national headlines. In November, a gunman killed 26 people in Sutherland Springs. Then in March, a "serial bomber" detonated five bomb attacks over the course of 19 days, that left two people dead. 

Source:cnn.com

David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez are already on the case
Edited by caulfield12

I don’t respect the opinions of people anywhere defending or humanizing white supremacists. You are certainly entitled to it, but nobody has to give two shits about it and i certainly don’t. This alt right conspiracy theory bullshit is ruining the minds of people across the country.  The fact that this “movement” is back after decades of operating in the shadows should scare everyone.  I know if my grandfather was alive he would once again tell me about his experience fighting these assholes.

This most recent kid going on a senseless rampage wearing a nazi t shirt (if it’s true) isn’t the end. And I personally won’t ever accept it as a valid point of view. 

Edited by RockRaines
  • Like 1