Rating the Rebuild: Completed Year 1 Edition

chitownsportsfan

Rating The Rebuild: Season 1 in the Books   

41 members have voted

1. 1. rate em

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 4, 2017 -> 06:32 AM)
Yep, with ya on Stanton. I have no interest, period. I know this won't be popular but I'm not interested in Machado either but for different reasons. 3B is brutal on the lower back and combine that with how many years he will get (8-10), I just don't trust he would hold up over the life of the contract at 3B. Now if Machado was willing to play some 1B and hit in the DH spot to give his back days off from diving at the hot corner, I would change my tune for sure.

I agree, except that Machado would be nowhere near worth his money if he can't play 3rd (and he really won't be worth it at 3rd either). Stanton, Machado...largely corner-cutting that have a marginal effect on winning (they don't come free), but serve as a comforting salve for some.

Edited by GreenSox

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Oct 4, 2017 -> 07:21 AM)
I agree, except that Machado would be nowhere near worth his money if he can't play 3rd (and he really won't be worth it at 3rd either). Stanton, Machado...largely corner-cutting that have a marginal effect on winning (they don't come free), but serve as a comforting salve for some.

Cutting yourself short of using the phrase "hero-worship" I see.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 3, 2017 -> 10:16 PM)
There is for sure some PR fluff going on, but it's really nice to have a club going into the off-season trending upwards, and you know the players can feel it. Aside from Shields who seems to be a great influence on the younger guys, there legit isn't 1 guy on the roster that is just collecting a paycheck in the twilight of their career which is incredibly refreshing to see.

The arrow is pointing up and everyone can sense it.

The White Sox will tell us how close they think they are by what they do this off season. If both Abreu and Avi get sent out, Rick Hahn doesn't agree.