Jose Abreu

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know its fake but this regards Stanton,

I was playing OOTP as the Dodgers and I was able to trade for Stanton for Urias straight up, I also got the Marlins to eat 70% of his remaining salary.

I think someone needs to fox the game.

I wouldn't be upset if the Sox made a move for Stanton but I'd rather that they eat as much as that money as they can, than give away top prospects.

Ideally, the Sox don't target any big time players till next year.

Looking at you, Manny Machado

Jon Morosi‏Verified account

@jonmorosi

Giancarlo Stanton trade development: Source says #Marlins likely would accept offer of Panik, Beede and Shaw for Stanton alone -- if #SFGiants committed to paying at least $250 million of the $295 million left on Stanton’s contract. @MLB @MLBNetwork

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 30, 2017 -> 12:13 PM)

@jonmorosi

Giancarlo Stanton trade development: Source says #Marlins likely would accept offer of Panik, Beede and Shaw for Stanton alone -- if #SFGiants committed to paying at least $250 million of the $295 million left on Stanton’s contract. @MLB @MLBNetwork

Wasn't there an update yesterday saying the Giants are willing to take on the entire contract? Don't know if it meant for that package or not though.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 30, 2017 -> 12:21 PM)
Wasn't there an update yesterday saying the Giants are willing to take on the entire contract? Don't know if it meant for that package or not though.

Tim McKernan‏Verified account @tmckernan Nov 29 From @CraigMish on @TMASTL re: #STLCards and #Stanton: I have been told the #SFGiants are willing to take on the entire contract, and that makes the Giants the favorites right now with the Cardinals in second place. I think the Giants are all-in until the end to get Stanton.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/11/repo...ntons-reps.html

The Giants have sent executives to meet with representatives of star Marlins outfielder Giancarlo Stanton, according to Craig Mish of Sirius XM (Twitter links). It is not clear whether the meeting, which is said to be taking place in Los Angeles, will also include Stanton himself. Top organizational figures are on hand for the Giants, though,with president of baseball operations Brian Sabean, GM Bobby Evans, and skipper Bruce Bochy all trekking south.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 2, 2017 -> 08:55 AM)
I understand him being leery of the Giants. They had a fantastic run, but last year wasn't all that surprising (few changes to an aging team often results in a great big thud) and I don't see how they get better any time soon.

They're really not an old team though. They have a lot of position players still in their prime. Pence and Span are going to platoon so that limits their at bats. I do agree that they seem closer to rebuilding than going on another run of championships.

@jonmorosi

5m5 minutes ago

More

Sources: #Marlins have agreed to general framework of Giancarlo Stanton trades with both #STLCards and #SFGiants; the deals are on hold, while Marlins wait for Stanton to inform them whether he’d accept either trade. @MLB @MLBNetwork

@jonmorosi

4m4 minutes ago

More

For #Marlins, agreement on Stanton trade frameworks with #SFGiants and #STLCards was logical precondition for Stanton to meet officials from both clubs last week. @MLB @MLBNetwork

on Morosi‏Verified account

@jonmorosi

3m3 minutes ago

More

If Stanton had met with #SFGiants and #STLCards without trade framework already in existence, #Marlins would have risked losing leverage if Stanton agreed to move forward with one and not the other. @MLB @MLBNetwork

@jonmorosi

24s24 seconds ago

More

Worth saying again: Giancarlo Stanton is in control here, due to full no-trade. If he wants to wait on the #Dodgers, he can — even if that means saying no to everyone else this offseason and revisiting in July/August or next winter. @MLB @MLBNetwork

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 3, 2017 -> 04:33 PM)
Want the Giants to win because they have the less interesting farm than the Cardinals. More importantly, want it to be over so more teams come after Abreu and maybe even Avi.

Same here. Hoping Stanton goes to SF and the Cards come calling for Avi/Abreu.