The Sexual Assault problem

Brian

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 03:19 PM)
Not to get all political, but I guess this means we can stop with the "Republicans don't care about women" crap. Clearly the left elitists in Hollywood allowing this s*** to go on for so long don't care either.

Jesus Jenks, this is ridiculous. Because of the Harvey Weinstein scandal, we can ignore the difference in policies toward women between Democrats and Republicans at the local and national level! Come on now...

SB has this on the head. Men in power have been abusing people below them forever. It happens in Hollywood. It happens in corporate America. It happens on Capitol Hill. It happened at Penn State. Making it easier for the abused to come forward without fear of their careers being ruined, and getting this crap out of the shadows, needs to be the goal.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 05:55 PM)
that audio tape is creepy

don't ruin your friendship with me for 5 minutes

Heard that this morning. Trying to guilt some girl into watching him shower.

What the F

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/harvey-wein...-smear-campaign

After reading this article, you can completely understand why an “unknown” ingenue/model wouldn’t stand a chance against those who defended him so well...

Have to feel sorry for her, being exposed to Berlusconi orgy parties at 15-17 years old (also was in Miss Italy pageant at same age), even her last ex said her main crime is simply being too beautiful...Weinstein said she looked like Mila Kunis, etc.

Would the newspapers keep posting gratuitous sexy/bikini/Instagram photos of a man in every single story if he was being sexually harassed by a more powerful woman?

Edited by caulfield12

Rose McGowan is being heroic in all this on Twitter. Ben Affleck tweeted some expression of horror at Weinstein and McGowan lashed out at Affleck saying he knew what Harvey was doing. This story is very sad and horrible; just like the Cosby story.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 01:22 PM)
Rose McGowan is being heroic in all this on Twitter. Ben Affleck tweeted some expression of horror at Weinstein and McGowan lashed out at Affleck saying he knew what Harvey was doing. This story is very sad and horrible; just like the Cosby story.

People in power abuse people in all different ways. Sexually is probably worse, but I would imagine almost everyone has had some sort of "boss" at some point in their life who treated them like crap because they could.

Affleck is more than likely a phony with his outrage. Weinstein is far from the only one in Hollywood. They are all over the place, and it has nothing to do with political party affiliation.

The fact that Trump who grabs them by the p**** because he is a "star", and his buddies Ailes and O'Reilly , very fine people, wants to make this poitical is pretty hysterical. Democrats do it. Republicans do it. Independents do it.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 01:36 PM)
People in power abuse people in all different ways. Sexually is probably worse, but I would imagine almost everyone has had some sort of "boss" at some point in their life who treated them like crap because they could.

Affleck is more than likely a phony with his outrage. Weinstein is far from the only one in Hollywood. They are all over the place, and it has nothing to do with political party affiliation.

The fact that Trump who grabs them by the p**** because he is a "star", and his buddies Ailes and O'Reilly , very fine people, wants to make this poitical is pretty hysterical. Democrats do it. Republicans do it. Independents do it.

Ailes - ousted

O'Reilly - ousted

Cosby - blackballed and sent to court

Weinstein - fired from own company

Trump - elected as President

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 07:36 PM)

Interesting post. I just hope those who do this wind up in jail if they are guilty of crimes.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 01:57 PM)
What exactly did Trump do that politicized this? Calling a scumbag a scumbag isn't political but in all seriousness, I haven't seen Trump's comments so I am curious what you're alluding to. You seem to be making it political in any case - mentioning Ailes, Oreilly. An initial response to this thread was posting a list of GOP politicians as enablers. The relevance? No clue.

Weinstein being a mega donor of the DNC, a frequent guest of the WH during Obama/Clinton administrations and a "good friend and wonderful human being" to Michelle Obama is what politicized this. The fact that Weinstein was famous, influential, and politically involved is what makes this political.

I can't believe a serial sexual abuser gets exposed the response is still all about Trump. The late night hosts first ignored this and then when they were called out all of their Weinstein jokes were made with comparison to Trump. I am trying to remember if Jimmy Kimmel or Colbert made the jokes based around Obama when Cosby and the Penn St. thing happened. Or when Rob Ford got caught smoking crack did they make a bunch of jokes of Obama's coke use in college? Probably not. Everything is about Trump all the time. He probably loves it but it's getting very old.

This isn't about Trump. This is about a political person even if it is just a side point. Regardless, I don't see anyone saying only "democrats sexual abuse" nor do I see a reason for you or anyone to defend your "team" based off of one deviant's behavior.

Harvey Weinstein supposedly represents all democrats.

Besides, Weinstein worked for a private company. Trump is the President of the United States. It's a bit different.

And show me where I defended my "team"?

And Trump is mentioned because Trump commented on it. And Obama using coke was used, as was his smoking habit.

I will agree everthing about Trump is getting old. It's time your "team" did something about it.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 01:01 PM)
I am not really sure of what happened with O'Reilly but comparing the victims of the men listed with Trump's p**** comment is really messed up. People suffered because of Ailes, Cosby, Weinstein and perhaps O'Reilly as well. Trump's words, while crude, didn't create any victims.

BBC from October 2016 summarizing the sexual assault allegations against Donald Trump.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37641814

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 01:41 PM)
Ailes - brought on as presidential nominee advisor

O'Reilly - guest contributor on fox news

Cosby - blackballed and sent to court

Weinstein - fired from own company

Trump - elected as President

fify

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 08:01 PM)
I am not really sure of what happened with O'Reilly but comparing the victims of the men listed with Trump's p**** comment is really messed up. People suffered because of Ailes, Cosby, Weinstein and perhaps O'Reilly as well. Trump's words, while crude, didn't create any victims.

Sexual harassment and sexual assault allegations have surrounded Trump for years, and exploded after the Access Hollywood tape. The stories mirror those of O'Reilly, Weinstein, etc. I don't know how you could forget this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_...uct_allegations

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 02:01 PM)

There are 14 accusers I believe. Maybe they are full of s***, but when a guy is taped saying he grabs them by the p**** because he is a star and can, it's pretty decent evidence against him. Trump did say he would sue all of his accusers. So far nothing.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 02:28 PM)
I do remember a man who has been in the public light, for what? 40 years? getting a barrage of accusations against him in the weeks/months leading up to the election.

Has Trump made women uncomfortable with his advances? I am sure. Has he drugged any of them? Has he traded sexual favors for influence? Has he been charged with anything? Has he been charged criminally? Have the efforts of celebrity lawyers led to anything? Was the timing of the accusers in any way curious?

I am not going to sit here and continue to defend Trump but sometimes I want to pull you guys back into reality. What Trump was accused of is not the same as what Ailes/Cosby/Weinstein did. It's that simple.

He said he grab women by the p**** because he is a star. No it's not drugging them, but it using his power to take advantage of women.

He said it. It isn't an accusation.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 02:34 PM)
They said they would sue him. So far nothing.

Once Trump won the election he stopped being referred to as a rapist. If you guys really believe he is a rapist I am curious why you just let it go so quickly? Rape is no joke to me. Not "insult of the month" type territory. It's in its own special category.

Also, my friend was talking to a girl and thought she liked him and he tried to kiss her. He read the situation wrong. She shut him down because she was still kind of with her boyfriend so she didn't want to be kissed by another. Is my friend a rapist now...

So Trump was lying when he said he grabs women by the p****, because when you are a star they let you do it?

And a lot of stuff about Harvey was from over 20 years ago. It doesn't make it any less disgusting. They use their position to exploit women.

And no your friend isn't. Talk about something not being the same thing. If he wouldn't let it go and grabbed her by the p****, or whipped it out and beat off into a potted plant, or drugged her and had his way with her, or used his professional position and told her he could make her career either a lot better or a lot worse for her, then yes, he would be doing wrong.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 01:28 PM)
I do remember a man who has been in the public light, for what? 40 years? getting a barrage of accusations against him in the weeks/months leading up to the election.

Has Trump made women uncomfortable with his advances? I am sure. Has he drugged any of them? Has he traded sexual favors for influence? Has he been charged with anything? Has he been charged criminally? Have the efforts of celebrity lawyers led to anything? Was the timing of the accusers in any way curious?

I am not going to sit here and continue to defend Trump but sometimes I want to pull you guys back into reality. What Trump was accused of is not the same as what Ailes/Cosby/Weinstein did. It's that simple.

You asserted that it was only words from Trump. Crimson and I both provided you with a list of the many allegations of sexual assault against Trump (he seems to have a real issue with unsolicited groping). To the extent that any of those allegations are true, he has created victims - maybe not victims that suffered to the same degree as the victims of Cosby/Aiels/Weinstein, etc., but still victims. Why are you defending him?

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 01:34 PM)
They said they would sue him. So far nothing.

Once Trump won the election he stopped being referred to as a rapist. If you guys really believe he is a rapist I am curious why you just let it go so quickly? Rape is no joke to me. Not "insult of the month" type territory. It's in its own special category.

Also, my friend was talking to a girl and thought she liked him and he tried to kiss her. He read the situation wrong. She shut him down because she was still kind of with her boyfriend so she didn't want to be kissed by another. Is my friend a rapist now...

Nobody has let it go, dude.

Our society as a whole needs to do a better job of not giving cover to powerful men (mostly men) who use their power to prey on those around them. Penn State, the Catholic Church, Weinstein/Cosby/Ailes/O'Reily (Hollywood casting in general), politicians (including Bill Clinton and Donald Trump). Putting sexual assault into degrees, or hand waving it away because it isn't serious enough for you does nothing to remedy the problem.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 12:40 PM)
He said he could grab them by the p****. It's hyperbole. It's wrong but it's hyperbole.

I didn't know saying words, even in jest, makes guilty of whatever you said. I was watching the UFC press conference and all the fighters said "I am going to kill him" about their opponent. I had no idea they were all murderers.

How do you know this is hyperbole? Because he said so?

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 02:40 PM)
He said he could grab them by the p****. It's hyperbole. It's wrong but it's hyperbole.

I didn't know saying words, even in jest, makes guilty of whatever you said. I was watching the UFC press conference and all the fighters said "I am going to kill him" about their opponent. I had no idea they were all murderers.

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the p****. You can do anything.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 02:38 PM)
You asserted that it was only words from Trump. Crimson and I both provided you with a list of the many allegations of sexual assault against Trump (he seems to have a real issue with unsolicited groping). To the extent that any of those allegations are true, he has created victims - maybe not victims that suffered to the same degree as the victims of Cosby/Aiels/Weinstein, etc., but still victims. Why are you defending him?

Why ask question when you know the answer? May as well put on your cross-examination hat at this point.

Isnt it true that Weinstein and Trump were accused of using their power/influence to unlawfully touch women?

Yes

Isnt it true that Weinstein and Trump have never been convicted of a crime?

Yes

Isnt it true that a difference between Trump and Weinstein is the symbols ® and (D) next to their name?

Yes

No further questions your honor. :)

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 12:48 PM)
Throwing the word rape around like commonplace to malign the character of your political opposition doesn't make it any better. We live in a culture where men are expected to make the first move. They're not a rapist when they read the situation wrong.

Trump didn't drug anyone. Trump didn't make any insertions without consent. He didn't stick any objects you smoke into any orifices. He didn't drug anyone. He didn't promise a job. If what he's accused of is rape then I imagine the vast majority of our presidents are rapists.

How do you know what Trump did or did not do? What are you basing this on?

I'm starting to think you're a Cirque Du Solei understudy with the various contortions you're performing on his behalf.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 02:48 PM)
Throwing the word rape around like commonplace to malign the character of your political opposition doesn't make it any better. We live in a culture where men are expected to make the first move. They're not a rapist when they read the situation wrong.

Trump didn't drug anyone. Trump didn't make any insertions without consent. He didn't stick any objects you smoke into any orifices. He didn't drug anyone. He didn't promise a job. If what he's accused of is rape then I imagine the vast majority of our presidents are rapists.

If someone came up to your girlfriend and grabbed her privates without her consent, would you consider it rape, or would it depend on the individuals place in society?

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 12:50 PM)
There's a transcript of his quotes out there.

Ah. So whatever Trump personally says or admits to is fact in your eyes? We're talking about a man who is arguably the least honest person in politics in our generation. He gets caught lying a dozen times or more each week. Nice of you to believe every word that comes out of his mouth.

Edited by BigSqwert