The Sexual Assault problem

Brian

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 21, 2018 -> 04:39 PM)
Daf***? You missed the 20+ sexual assault allegations against him?

And the consequences of it all? He's actually gone up 3-5 points in popularity in the last 2 weeks, despite that WSJ story breaking.

But yes, I linked stories in the last week about Stormy Daniels and 1998 PMOY Karen MacDougal, both $130K+ payouts.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 21, 2018 -> 05:33 PM)

There's pretty much no way for a man to come across well when he says he's struggling with an issue...or that it's hard/difficult for him personally, when you've got 130+ victims who were raped/assaulted, and, by any definition, have had it MUCH worse than you.

Not even Jesus in 2017 could get away with trying to explain the situation in a way that doesn't offend some.

Edited by caulfield12

Read an article about the asshole who molested all the gymnasts and will rot in prison. Yay! That bastard.

Anyhow the article said MSU may get the death penalty over this. And then I read another story that said the school may be forced to close. Simply shut down by the state if indeed everybody knew about that bastard doctor's behavior.

Really? Is this possible?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 25, 2018 -> 11:53 PM)
Read an article about the asshole who molested all the gymnasts and will rot in prison. Yay! That bastard.

Anyhow the article said MSU may get the death penalty over this. And then I read another story that said the school may be forced to close. Simply shut down by the state if indeed everybody knew about that bastard doctor's behavior.

Really? Is this possible?

Yeah , they are going to have a crazy sale on lecture hall seats. C'mon man.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 26, 2018 -> 12:32 PM)
Dozens of People Recount Pattern of Sexual Misconduct by Las Vegas Mogul Steve Wynn

Wynn Resorts employees and others described a CEO who sexualized his workplace and pressured workers to perform sex acts. Mr. Wynn responded: ‘The idea that I ever assaulted any woman is preposterous.’

He's also the GOP Finance Chairman

GOP Tweet from October,

The Weinstein scandal put Hollywood’s hypocrisy in broad daylight. RT if you agree the DNC should return his donations.

7:45 AM - 9 Oct 2017

Will Trump return Wynn's money?

Hypocrites.Every.Single. Time.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 26, 2018 -> 03:57 PM)
GOP Tweet from October,

The Weinstein scandal put Hollywood’s hypocrisy in broad daylight. RT if you agree the DNC should return his donations.

7:45 AM - 9 Oct 2017

Will Trump return Wynn's money?

Hypocrites.Every.Single. Time.

So, just to make sure, you do realize that in a few months the next one, or the one after that, or the one after that, or the one after that, will be a big Democrat right? That's the world we've lived in. That's the world we need to clean up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 26, 2018 -> 10:30 PM)
So, just to make sure, you do realize that in a few months the next one, or the one after that, or the one after that, or the one after that, will be a big Democrat right? That's the world we've lived in. That's the world we need to clean up.

OK, thanks.

Edited by Dick Allen

Scott Baio is denying all charges of inappropriate relations with Nicole Eggert when she was underage. His facebook live defense is interesting to say the least. Worth a watch if you have 10 minutes. His wife appears to be supporting him 100 percent as he has some key facts in his defense. Not judging Nicole by any means, just saying it's interesting.

A spokesman for House Speaker Paul Ryan (R., Wis.) said Sunday that he would donate the $1,000 he received from a PAC affiliated with Wynn Resorts to a charity.

Rep. Karen Handel (R., Ga.) over the weekend gave Mr. Wynn’s contribution to a charity in her district that helps victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and elder abuse, according to her spokesman. Mr. Wynn and his wife, Andrea, each donated $2,700 to Mrs. Handel last year. The congresswoman’s spokesman didn’t specify the size of her charitable donation.

A spokesman for Rep. Greg Gianforte said Sunday the Montana Republican would donate the $2,700 he received to charity. Mr. Wynn donated $6,350 to Mr. Gianforte’s joint fundraising committee with the Montana GOP last May, of which $2,700 went to Mr. Gianforte and the rest to the Montana GOP state party. Mr. Wynn’s wife also donated $6,350 to the joint committee, which isn’t being returned.

A spokeswoman for Rep. Gus Bilirakis (R., Fla.) said that he believes he has received a total of $1,000 in donations connected to Mr. Wynn and will be donating those to a nonprofit organization which empowers local girls.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/WYNN?p=WYNN Wynn Resorts Stock down 13.5% since allegations.

ESPN the Mag has a good article on Nasser. It seems to me he could have been stopped a long time ago. Very very sad. My heart goes out to the gymnasts and I hope they can go on to lead fulfilled lives despite this creep violating them and removing their innocence as little girls. He is a rat. I don't wish for him to be beaten in prison. I'd prefer him be in solitary forever. Or just one hour a day near people; 23 to think about what he did.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Feb 2, 2018 -> 08:54 AM)
(1) It's too bad his request was denied;

(2) I really hope the local state's attorney declines to press charges.

http://thebiglead.com/2018/02/02/victim-fa...y-nassar-video/

Agree. I could only imagine what is going through his mind. I don't have a daughter, but I do have a niece I adore. And if anyone ever did anything like that to her, I think jail would be a real possibility for me. I would have to rely on a jury of my peers.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 2, 2018 -> 11:37 AM)
Judge said "no way" she'll punish him

That judge is full out auditioning for a Judge Judy type TV show. When a judge wishes that a defendant be raped like she did last week, that might be crossing the line, no matter how awful Nasser was.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 2, 2018 -> 12:22 PM)
That judge is full out auditioning for a Judge Judy type TV show. When a judge wishes that a defendant be raped like she did last week, that might be crossing the line, no matter how awful Nasser was.

The first time I saw her, that was the first thing I thought. She's Judge Judy Jr.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Feb 2, 2018 -> 01:10 PM)
Good for her.

Disagree. Convicted defendants are entitled to rights - including the right not to be attacked by a victim in court. Sentencing hearings - particularly in cases like this or in violent crimes - are extremely emotional settings. If you start drawing lines that attempts to attack the defendant in open court aren't going to be punished... that's really bad.