The Sexual Assault problem

Brian

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 03:24 PM)
You can make an argument without falsely attributing opinions to others.

Trump = bad

The other guys = sexual deviants. Menaces to society.

How do you differentiate between "bad" and "sexual deviant" when they have all been accused of basically the same thing?

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 03:38 PM)
Would you rather have a loved one have a guy she's hanging out with make an unwanted advance or would you prefer that guy drug and rape her?

Um, neither? :huh

Although you seem to be downplaying what Trump has actually been accused of. He wasn't on a date with these women and just mis-read their signals.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 08:40 PM)
You didn't disprove what I said so not sure why you quoted it.

It was an absurd statement. He was apathetic to LGBT issues during his campaign and he's actively hurting them during his administration. That he would cater to the Religious Right on these issues upon entering office should have been obvious.

Trump's legacy on LGBT rights will be negative. Obama's legacy on LGBT rights will be very positive.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 03:44 PM)
Actually, it is. It's a subset of sexual assault.

Not all sexual assault is rape. But all rape is sexual assault.

Only the courts should be concerned with different degrees of sexaul assault. Everyday people should be appalled by all of it. And you should lose your job over it like Ailes, O'Reilly and Weinstein.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 08:54 PM)
Only the courts should be concerned with different degrees of sexaul assault. Everyday people should be appalled by all of it. And you should lose your job over it like Ailes, O'Reilly and Weinstein.

Nah man, everyone in the locker room assaults women and cheats on their wives.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 04:21 PM)
Pretty sure it was revealed in court during Donald’s divorce from Ivana that he both physically abused and raped her. Plus, he is/was pretty tight with Jeffrey Epstein

No his attorney Michael Cohn clarified that, he said

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/d...y-a6836151.html

“You’re talking about the front-runner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as private individual who never raped anybody. And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can’t rape your spouse.

“It is true. You cannot rape your spouse. And there’s very clear case law.”

[spoiler Alert]

You can rape your spouse.

Lol at this thread

Trump has been accused of barging in on underage teens getting dressed, rape, sexual assault, the whole nine yards.

But because he liked to the LGBT community and embraces fake news such as Fox with Seth Rich, he's a stand-up guy.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 10:15 PM)
I'm fairly certain that Godwin's Law will soon be amended from Hitler to Trump.

It'll be it's own thing. Whereas people make hyperbolic comparisons to Hitler when talking about government evils, they will reference Trump when talking about government incompetence.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 06:23 PM)
I dunno man, I tend to believe the deposition over the campaign trail interview 20 years later

I'll post more later, but I believe what rabbit quoted statement was prepared by Trump's lawyer.

Ivana is under a gag order and can't speak about the divorce without Trump's position.

Rabbit didn't link thr article so all.of that information is left out.

But yes a deposition under oath is more compelling (imo).

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 06:11 PM)
I can only take the woman's word for what it is. I'll leave the confirmation bias for you.

On the other hand, you could also point to that when that was said she was going through a divorce proceeding, was emotional and in a position to gain from the individual causing the emotional durress. 28 years later when the emotions are gone and the assets are settled, she characterizes it differently.

If you are right, I wonder how many other rape victims have come out publicly to endorse their offender for President. She has to be the first. But if the shoe fits the desired narrative...

Take her word for it. Under oath she said he raped her. And she could have changed the story a bit for her children or perhaps even compensated for her "clarification "

So you are saying she lied under oath and is clearly telling the truth now to fit your narrative.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 06:45 PM)
Well if anyone wants to provide any quotes where she said he raped her in the literal sense I'd like to see it. All I can find is what I quoted. Where she said he treated her differently one night, she felt violated and endorsed him for president.

She was going through a divorce where her and her husband were disputing BILLIONS of dollars of worth. It isn't uncommon for a divorcee to say something during a divorce to potentially affect the proceedings.

Do you have her quotes under oath that you keep alluding to? All I've seen from her is what I quoted.

It was in a book, and notice how Ivana has never denied saying it. The book was written in 1993, so it wasn't the left trying to get him.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/10/...-abuse-of-women

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 07:08 PM)
I see the same quotes I already posted.

That article didn't provide the quotes you're speaking of. It's in reference to a book that was published in 1993. This book was pulled by the publisher because, “The lawyers think it would be a very dangerous book for us to publish as is, and it would take legal readings, corrections, resetting, proofing and so forth. And so they don’t want to go ahead.”

https://www.mhpbooks.com/out-of-print-trump...-repercussions/

I am sure it was a just a mere coincidence that a review of an out-of-print and was posted two weeks before the election by an author with a Twitter feed that is nearly entirely anti-Trump stuff.

The same quotes and from Trumps lawyer. The book was written in 1993, so it wasn't written with the intent of keeping Trump out of the White House.

Why didn't Trump sue when the book was originally published if it was all a lie?

Besides Trump doesn't think rape, unless you are Mexican, is a big deal. He thought Mike Tyson should just pay a fine, not do time for his rape conviction.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 07:40 PM)
Proof for the underlined? Relevance of the rest?

If you can't substantiate your point don't just change the subject.

The proof is all there. The quote from Trumps layer, the blanket statement from Ivana. . She even said she said he raped her. And their argument is you can't rape your wife.

A guy gets accused of rape in a deposition by his wife. Has 14 other accusers. Is caught on a hot mike bragging about how he kissies women without their consent because he is a star and says you can even grab them by the p****, and you see nothing wrong due to the ® after his name.

Youre more concerned about Bidens son dating his dead brothers widow,

Anything Ivana says about Donald has to be cleared

https://lawnewz.com/high-profile/donald-tru...lity-agreement/

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 02:04 PM)
Harvey Weinstein is going to face repercussions for his actions and hopefully will receive justice. People are mounting a write-in campaign to vote out the DA that did not move forward against him.

The people that stand up for women's rights cannot guarantee that all people that have ever claimed to support womens rights or supported a politician who supported womens rights had never sexually assaulted or raped a woman. They can try to ensure they receive repercussions and justice, however, and not sweep it under the rug, or, you know, elect them president.

Vance Jr. is also the one responsible for not pursuing charges against Ivanka and Trump Jr. over charges of deliberately/falsely inflating their occupancy numbers to the 60% range when the reality was their property was barely at a 15% rate in terms of units sold.

New York Dist. Atty. Cyrus Vance Jr. received $50,000 in campaign contributions from President Trump's lawyer and the attorney's associates and friends shortly after Vance's office dropped a fraud investigation against Donald Trump Jr. and Ivanka Trump.

Trump's two eldest children were under investigation by the district attorney's office in 2012 for allegedly misleading investors in a hotel and condominium project in New York's Soho neighborhood, according to an investigation published Wednesday by ProPublica, WNYC and the New Yorker.

After a two-year investigation, the DA instructed his underlings to drop the case. Months later, Marc Kasowitz, Trump's personal lawyer, donated $32,000, while another $18,000 was raised from lawyers at his firm and through a fundraising breakfast he hosted, according to the report.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington...-htmlstory.html

Edited by caulfield12

How many examples have we seen throughout the last century of married men worth in the hundreds of millions (or billions of dollars, if you want to adjust for inflation) successfully being charged with rape by their wives?

Just because it gets covered up/sealed/protected by non-disclosure agreements doesn't make it any less real or devastating for the victims.

And there's absolutely nothing in Trump's long history of these interactions with women that suggests that he has any degree of empathy...everyone who has ever worked under him is aware of how volatile his temper is, as well. It all fits with the pattern.

Edited by caulfield12

Twitter was nice enough to suspend Rose McGowan last night. Seems odd that they'd silence the voice of a victim. Just another example of women finally speaking out and getting shut down.

But at least they keep people like Richard Spencer and David Duke on their site.

Edited by BigSqwert