NLCS: Cubs vs. Dodgers

LittleHurt05

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 17, 2017 -> 10:12 PM)
Cubs jacked up beer prices this round. &11 for a Budweiser.

I mean even if you have disposable income, how can you fork over 11 dollars for a beer? I just wouldn't do it. Even at gunpoint I wouldn't do it.

No wonder Flub fans are booing.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 17, 2017 -> 10:07 PM)
lmao Carl Edwards really can't throw a strike to Yu Darvish?

It seemed like a stupid decision to bat Darvish there, but Roberts may be vindicated as long as he doesn't get rocked in this inning.

Edwards was just throwing too hard, but can't blame Maddon too much, that's still his 2nd best reliever.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 17, 2017 -> 10:14 PM)
It seemed like a stupid decision to bat Darvish there, but Roberts may be vindicated as long as he doesn't get rocked in this inning.

Edwards was just throwing too hard, but can't blame Maddon too much, that's still his 2nd best reliever.

Darvish is awful the 4th time through the order. He's probably done after 6 anyhow.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 17, 2017 -> 10:15 PM)
Darvish is awful the 4th time through the order. He's probably done after 6 anyhow.

That's why you should have pinch hit for him, you have to take him out soon, and a Granderson XBH potentially ends the series. They got a run either way and Dervish finished the 6th so it worked out fine.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 17, 2017 -> 10:33 PM)
I'm still so un impressed by the bottom half of their lineup, they are probably good vs splits, but it does not look like a 104 win lineup, even with Seager.

It's cause guys like Barnes aren't big names. He was extremely productive this year. Plus lineups in the NL are usually pretty bad towards the backend.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 17, 2017 -> 10:34 PM)
It's cause guys like Barnes aren't big names. He was extremely productive this year. Plus lineups in the NL are usually pretty bad towards the backend.

I totally understand and guys like Hernandez and Forsythe crush LHP , but it's just something to see on paper this deep in the playoffs. Then again, guys like Freidman are so great at putting their players in the best position to succeed. It's why we were so pissed when LaRoche would.keep facing LHP.