Big week for Eloy

bmags

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 09:13 AM)
Move on.

Some people will only focus on the negative and not acknowledge the positive. The organization must be 100% on all decisions otherwise they are useless.

i'm surprised people aren't still complaining about Gio being in the post-season and the screw up there.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 11:24 AM)
Some people will only focus on the negative and not acknowledge the positive. The organization must be 100% on all decisions otherwise they are useless.

i'm surprised people aren't still complaining about Gio being in the post-season and the screw up there.

I don't think it's so much that they traded him. It's who they traded him for. I don't think there was anyone on here that was excited, or thought the Sox should have traded for Shields. I'll still never understand that move, even more so when the medicals come in to play from SD.

QUOTE (soulfly @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 12:45 PM)
I don't think it's so much that they traded him. It's who they traded him for. I don't think there was anyone on here that was excited, or thought the Sox should have traded for Shields. I'll still never understand that move, even more so when the medicals come in to play from SD.

I don’t think there is any Sox fan alive that would rather have Shields right now over Tatis. It was a glaring error, but all GMs are guilty of misevaluation at one time or another. They gambled on a guy who still hasn’t played past A, and now it looks like they missed. It happens.

People bring it up like they traded away a 10 time all star one year before he became an all star

QUOTE (soulfly @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 10:45 AM)

I must do it... and then, back to the land of Eloy we shall go:

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 01:09 PM)
I enjoy hashing over Tatis as much as the next guy but I like to keep my Eloy threads on Eloy, the most exciting sox prospect I can remember.

I like being delusional with the Tatis trade and tell myself that if we didn't fail miserably by acquiring Shields then the full rebuild would have never been approved and we would still be on the proverbial treadmill.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 02:09 PM)
I enjoy hashing over Tatis as much as the next guy but I like to keep my Eloy threads on Eloy, the most exciting sox prospect I can remember.

Something is seriously wrong in your head if you see that blurb and stopped reading after Tatis. FFS Eloy Jimenez is maybe the most exciting hitting prospect (no, he is, without a doubt) the Sox have had since Big Frank.

GET EXCITED. He's crushing AAAA level pitching in the DWL when he could just be sitting at home resting on his incredible MiLB season.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

What's Eloy's defense like in the outfield? Will he go to LF or will Avi move to LF when Eloy is called up?

Great to hear Eloy is mashing at such a high level of competition. I'm starting to wonder if he has a strong ST the Sox put him in Charlotte to start the '18 season.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 03:17 PM)
What's Eloy's defense like in the outfield? Will he go to LF or will Avi move to LF when Eloy is called up?

Great to hear Eloy is mashing at such a high level of competition. I'm starting to wonder if he has a strong ST the Sox put him in Charlotte to start the '18 season.

Adequate tools, but nothing special. Probably something like 30/45 on the scouting scale for his glove and 45/55 for his arm. That said, if he's hitting 300/380/580 nobody is really going to give a f*** about being -5 runs in RF/LF over 162 games.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 04:40 PM)
Given the Sox track record with developing hitters, it should make us cautious, but bizarrely I feel like Eloy legit can’t miss, like I’ll be SHOCKED if he isn’t at least a 3.0 WAR hitter at some point in his career.

Not even the Sox can screw this one up.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 03:17 PM)

I think that him in this system is the biggest reason the White Sox will consider moving Garcia this offseason.

QUOTE (soulfly @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 11:45 AM)

I don't think its unreasonable to say that trade may end up costing us a world series. One less hole we'd need to fill with a cost controlled star. Time will tell. Never liked that trade from the day it was announced.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Oct 22, 2017 -> 03:52 AM)
I don't think its unreasonable to say that trade may end up costing us a world series. One less hole we'd need to fill with a cost controlled star. Time will tell. Never liked that trade from the day it was announced.

the cubs traded josh donaldson. those things happen. it is not ideal but everyone makes mistakes. that is not an exact science you sometimes pick the wrong guy. now it is possible that that move costs the sox a ws but they still have a great farm and a chance to build a really good team.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Oct 22, 2017 -> 03:52 AM)

could also go the other way. If the Sox didn't trade for Shields and got a good pitcher they may have been a better team and not gone ahead with the full re-build. So you could say that the trade had the biggest impact on the team going for the re-build and possibly leading to a world Series.

There is also the possibility that he wouldn't have made any progress in the sox system because many posters believe the system can't develop hitters. The results so far back this up.

In actuality, i don't think any single deal would make or break this team. The FO has done a really good job of gathering a good amount of talent, some of which will make it to the MLB, some won't.

QUOTE (GermanSock @ Oct 22, 2017 -> 07:16 AM)
the cubs traded josh donaldson. those things happen. it is not ideal but everyone makes mistakes. that is not an exact science you sometimes pick the wrong guy. now it is possible that that move costs the sox a ws but they still have a great farm and a chance to build a really good team.

The cubs also got rid of Rich Hill and the lack of pitching for them really showed this year. Did that move cost the cubs this WS?