2018 Season Ticket Packages

champagne030

Just received noticed that season ticket packages are changing for 2018. I haven't see the games, but the two 27 game packages are gone. They'll still offer the weekend and weekday packages, but they'll be 20 games and they haven't released which 20 games.

They are going to offer:

7 game package

2-40 game packages

Full Season

And the mentioned 2-20 game packages that will replace the old weekend/weekday packages.

QUOTE (champagne030 @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 03:07 PM)
Just received noticed that season ticket packages are changing for 2018. I haven't see the games, but the two 27 game packages are gone. They'll still offer the weekend and weekday packages, but they'll be 20 games and they haven't released which 20 games.

They are going to offer:

7 game package

2-40 game packages

Full Season

And the mentioned 2-20 game packages that will replace the old weekend/weekday packages.

I am guessing pricing on the 20 game packages will be close to the same price we paid for 27.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 03:14 PM)
I am guessing pricing on the 20 game packages will be close to the same price we paid for 27.

I've got a 7 game package, and will continue to buy that until the playoffs are a real possibility (hopefully 2019). If those 20 game packages come with a playoff option that may be worth it. 27 games was always too much for me

QUOTE (champagne030 @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 03:07 PM)

They are going to offer:

7 game package

2-40 game packages

Full Season

I didn't get that notice yet.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 05:05 PM)
7 fewer games $15 less. 22% price increase per game for me.

Yeah. My average ticket price went up 2.30 per ticket. If we got more "premium" games I guess it would even out but more likely it's an increase in season ticket prices.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 05:05 PM)
7 fewer games $15 less. 22% price increase per game for me.

Long time season ticket holders get the short stick.

I have a full season so that stays the same, but my two other packages get the short stick.

The weekday package get hosed the most....losing multiple prime games that go to the "Rivals".

Weekend package now has 6 weekday games.

Value package does look the best, but you lose all seniority privileges so you'll be sitting further back to change packages.

Thanks Jerry :(

QUOTE (champagne030 @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 07:30 PM)

I have a full season so that stays the same, but my two other packages get the short stick.

The weekday package get hosed the most....losing multiple prime games that go to the "Rivals".

Value package does look the best, but you lose all seniority privileges so you'll be sitting further back to change packages.

That's part of it. The weekend package loses a lot of cheap Sunday games. I prefer day games. But it's still a bargain compared to other teams and if I don't like it, I can always say no. For the most part weekend attendance was pretty good this season. The only game that really shocked me was when they drew about 17k for the Buehrle bobblehead. They had some leftovers.

QUOTE (champagne030 @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 07:30 PM)

Really? Where did you find this? I'm not sure if I can do that now.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 10:14 PM)
Nothing really riles up the 3rd worst attendance in the league like s***ty ticket packages and higher priced games. Business 101

The more I look at it, I think I like these options better. It was tough to get anything done when I went to games on both Saturday and Sunday. It killed the weekend. with the games being Friday night and Saturday, it leaves time Sunday.

we'll see how it works in practice but in theory, I think I like it.

QUOTE (SoxFan2003 @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 11:34 AM)
Am I reading this right? The only way to get a guaranteed Opening Day ticket with a 20 game plan is through a weekday plan?

Yes, but the weekend package never got opening day.

Did they have the 13 game packages last year and was that a package where you received the same seat for all 13 games?

QUOTE (champagne030 @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 02:46 PM)

Did they have the 13 game packages last year and was that a package where you received the same seat for all 13 games?

They had a seven game plan and a 14 game

Plan. You chose the games and seating level per game. You were not guaranteed the same

Seat per game.

The 7 game was nice because you could get the cub game and six Sunday games for the box office price of the cub game alone in the upper corners. I would sell the cub games and get the Sunday games

For free

QUOTE (champagne030 @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 02:46 PM)

With the weekend package you could get opening day tickets with the season ticket discount price, but it was not included in the package.