2018 Season Ticket Packages

champagne030

QUOTE (champagne030 @ Oct 24, 2017 -> 06:59 AM)
The 20 game packages get you 2-1-1 for ALDS-ALCS-WS. The 40’s get you 3-2-2.

I'll have to work the math out, but I feel like this is my conundrum each year. I want to be guaranteed playoff games if and when we get there, but at the same time I am just throwing money away buying season tix packages...

Through business connections and secondary markets its quite easy to get to 10 games a year for probably less than $100 between free tickets and cheap secondary games.. I feel like if I add all those savings up I can pay for the $250 tickets when it comes time for playoffs in 2019 or 2020.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Oct 24, 2017 -> 09:06 AM)
I'll have to work the math out, but I feel like this is my conundrum each year. I want to be guaranteed playoff games if and when we get there, but at the same time I am just throwing money away buying season tix packages...

Through business connections and secondary markets its quite easy to get to 10 games a year for probably less than $100 between free tickets and cheap secondary games.. I feel like if I add all those savings up I can pay for the $250 tickets when it comes time for playoffs in 2019 or 2020.

It is extremely easy to sell the tickets through the sox-ticketmaster process. I have never had a problem selling the tickets, even the morning of a game, especially if you sell them for face value. The season ticket price is slightly discounted so if you sell them for face value you actuality make a little money. I put the back into the account so my cost the next year is even less.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Oct 24, 2017 -> 09:22 AM)
It is extremely easy to sell the tickets through the sox-ticketmaster process. I have never had a problem selling the tickets, even the morning of a game, especially if you sell them for face value. The season ticket price is slightly discounted so if you sell them for face value you actuality make a little money. I put the back into the account so my cost the next year is even less.

Plus the perks are decent. The pre season party at the ChiSox Bar and Grill. The Grinder Bash, and the free game with patio party near the end of the year are nice.

Yeah you can buy $6 tickets or $10 after fees from stubhub, but if you are going to go to more than 10 games, the package is the way to go. Access to playoff tickets will be nice when it finally happens again.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Oct 24, 2017 -> 09:22 AM)

too bad most September games, even lower level seats, are $6 on stubhub.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Oct 25, 2017 -> 03:35 PM)
too bad most September games, even lower level seats, are $6 on stubhub.

I second this - I took a bath on seats.. last time I bought a package it was the all weekend games one ... by September I was getting $6 a ticket and then StubHub taking 25% or whatever their cut was...

Between corporate hookups free and not being attached to a schedule it's just much nicer to get tickets at 6pm for a game for $6-10 and sitting wherever I want.

I've had the diamond box seats before and paid the $60-70 seat charge before, and was pissed when ppl do what I do now, but for $6 I can sit In those seats still... little known secret? Just go on stubhub app in the parking lot while you're walking in... find 2 or 3 of the best listings still available and sit there. Nobody is buying those seats therefore nobody will bother you all game. Works like a charm.

I'll be doing the math on season tickets in 2019 which should hopefully be a playoff run:

Overpaying for seats on a season ticket plan + face value playoff tix vs. stub-hubbing everything.

I think the stub hub plan would end up being cheaper ultimately until they start drawing crowds.

10 game plan is still the way to go (although I wish they had kept the 7 game plan). They give you a ticket rep (mine has been great the last three years.) You get to pick all of the games you want to go to instead of being assigned games by plan. They have also invited me to the last three grinder bashes.

Once the playoffs become a real possibility, I'll probably upgrade. Hopefully they'll do what they did in 2005 and offer playoff tickets to people who put a season ticket deposit down for the following season.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Oct 26, 2017 -> 09:56 PM)
Because it makes season tickets a massive waste of money unless they make the playoffs.

The season tickets are discounted as is the parking. You save more on the parking. As well as the access to the stadium club. If you go to more than 10 games it's much more cost effective.

The math just isn't there in my mind. Parking may be discounted, but I just take the red line. Also stadium club has really fallen off the past few years in my opinion.

Plus we all know if the Sox are playing well in 2019 they'll roll out a plan in like July or August saying if you buy 7 or 10 games that you get playoff access for at least the ALDS and ALCS. That's what I'll probably end up doing ....

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 02:52 PM)
The math just isn't there in my mind. Parking may be discounted, but I just take the red line. Also stadium club has really fallen off the past few years in my opinion.

Plus we all know if the Sox are playing well in 2019 they'll roll out a plan in like July or August saying if you buy 7 or 10 games that you get playoff access for at least the ALDS and ALCS. That's what I'll probably end up doing ....

Yeah. If you don't take the parking discount and don't go to many games, the season tickets aren't worth it.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 01:32 PM)
The season tickets are discounted as is the parking. You save more on the parking. As well as the access to the stadium club. If you go to more than 10 games it's much more cost effective.

stadium club is an additional $1000 a year. and parking is only a savings of 2-3 dollars. and sunday games have no discount.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Oct 31, 2017 -> 07:42 PM)
stadium club is an additional $1000 a year. and parking is only a savings of 2-3 dollars. and sunday games have no discount.

I was really disappointed with the service within stadium club my last few visits. In years when the Sox were doing well the place was pretty well staffed, cleaned, etc.

The last few times I was there I sat at my table with no service, had to go up to the bar and grab my own menu, you'd essentially have to order a beer when it the first was being brought to you as it would take 15 minutes for the next check up, etc.

I said screw it and stopped going. No reason to pay an entrance fee to pay essentially stadium prices with bad service. Lately I've been going to local Bridgeport restaurants beforehand.. Kimski has real unique and good food and decent cocktails/beer list. Antique Taco is also a decent stop. Rather frequent those joints and pay $5 a beer and $10 for a really good meal than spend it at Stadium Club.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Nov 1, 2017 -> 10:11 AM)
I was really disappointed with the service within stadium club my last few visits. In years when the Sox were doing well the place was pretty well staffed, cleaned, etc.

The last few times I was there I sat at my table with no service, had to go up to the bar and grab my own menu, you'd essentially have to order a beer when it the first was being brought to you as it would take 15 minutes for the next check up, etc.

I said screw it and stopped going. No reason to pay an entrance fee to pay essentially stadium prices with bad service. Lately I've been going to local Bridgeport restaurants beforehand.. Kimski has real unique and good food and decent cocktails/beer list. Antique Taco is also a decent stop. Rather frequent those joints and pay $5 a beer and $10 for a really good meal than spend it at Stadium Club.

Also forgot to say I was clearing my own table.. in years past, although it was more crowded when a table opened up you'd sit down and within a minute a bus boy would clear and clean the table and a server would come up to you.

The last few times I sat with dirty plates in front of me for 5 minutes+ without anybody caring ... just kind of a gross dining experience.

That being said, they still keep the resources and staff size for Scout Seats, so that's a positive.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Nov 1, 2017 -> 10:13 AM)
Also forgot to say I was clearing my own table.. in years past, although it was more crowded when a table opened up you'd sit down and within a minute a bus boy would clear and clean the table and a server would come up to you.

The last few times I sat with dirty plates in front of me for 5 minutes+ without anybody caring ... just kind of a gross dining experience.

That being said, they still keep the resources and staff size for Scout Seats, so that's a positive.

I feel for you. One of the reasons I hate april/early may games is aside from the weather being garbage, they staff next to no one for the small attendance. You wait in line all game for food and beer, walk halfway across stadium for open food/drink areas.

You think 'wow this will be great at least everything will be easy with so few people" but in reality it's just a worse atmosphere with worse attendance. Summer games with 20k are a lot easier imo than april games with 12k