WS: Dodgers v Astros

Panerista

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely some bargaining happened with the MLBPA.

Personally, I think a fine would have been a just penalty, but these aren’t the old days. If has to be a suspension, then it should have been just tonight and move on.

Anyway, I hope he goes 0-4 tonight, and the Dodgers tie it up.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 28, 2017 -> 03:51 PM)
Really hope this lights a fire in the Dodgers club house to whoop Houston's ass and that Dervish gets a chance to redeem himself in this series. Really impressed with how Dervish handled this.

+1

Why do managers change so much in the postseason? Closers that have never worked more than an inning get 2 innings. I'd think it'd drive the stat geeks in the front office insane if managers are making moves they have no data on.

It's happened for years like when starters are brought in late in important WS games. I'd think you'd want to do what you did during the marathon regular season ALWAYS in the post season for consistency sake.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 29, 2017 -> 02:27 PM)
Any thoughts on tonight's game? This will be the second time the Dodgers will see Keuchel but he will be at home home where he's incredibly tough.

There is some guy named Clayton pitching for the Dodgers too, as we mentioned before, yet another chance to reverse his poor postseason reputation and clinch a spot in the HOF

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 29, 2017 -> 03:32 PM)
There is some guy named Clayton pitching for the Dodgers too, as we mentioned before, yet another chance to reverse his poor postseason reputation and clinch a spot in the HOF

My post was not about Kershaw though, I think he'll be just fine. I'm wondering how the Dodgers will fair against Keuchel. Usually teams do better against a pitcher when they see him for a second time within a week but Keuchel will be pitching at home where he's tough to beat.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 29, 2017 -> 03:52 PM)
My post was not about Kershaw though, I think he'll be just fine. I'm wondering how the Dodgers will fair against Keuchel. Usually teams do better against a pitcher when they see him for a second time within a week but Keuchel will be pitching at home where he's tough to beat.

I hear ya, the Dodgers bats may have awaken in the 9th inning last night.

I just think Kershaw is the biggest story given everything in his history.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 29, 2017 -> 05:51 PM)
I hear ya, the Dodgers bats may have awaken in the 9th inning last night.

I just think Kershaw is the biggest story given everything in his history.

Yep, really hoping the bats woke up last night. We'll find out very soon.

Kershaw has been nasty so far and I think the difference is he's healthy and the Dodger pitching depth allows Kershaw to pitch on regular rest.

Man, I really hope the Dodgers can get to Keuchel so Kershaw can get 7 solid innings to take some pressure off the Dodger pen.