WS: Dodgers v Astros

Panerista

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 30, 2017 -> 07:30 AM)
StatCast said it was the highest home run hit the entire season. Between that hit and the Puig check swing homer, something is going on. Minute Maid Park was the top pitchers park all year too.

Maybe the Astros took a page from the Twins notebook on how to use the AC to their advantage. :lol:

Seriously though. It's a combo of the ball and that during the Astros rebuild Luhnow has not been shy about building his team's with more power in mind over the last few years.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Oct 30, 2017 -> 01:30 PM)
TV Ratings: World Series Climbs, Trouncing Sunday Night Football #KeepTakingAKnee

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed...ootball-1052876

I would hope that the ratings for a sport's championship would be much greater than a regular season game in a different sport.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 30, 2017 -> 02:04 PM)
I would hope that the ratings for a sport's championship would be much greater than a regular season game in a different sport.

That hasn't been the case though. Thankfully the NFL keeps destroying itself and MLB continues to put out an awesome product

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 30, 2017 -> 04:14 PM)
That hasn't been the case though. Thankfully the NFL keeps destroying itself and MLB continues to put out an awesome product

As much as I'd like to see baseball be the #1 sport in this country again, it's not gonna happen. Football will still be king for the foreseeable future. The people who are boycotting the NFL because of the protests will forget about it soon enough and watch again.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 30, 2017 -> 04:24 PM)
As much as I'd like to see baseball be the #1 sport in this country again, it's not gonna happen. Football will still be king for the foreseeable future. The people who are boycotting the NFL because of the protests will forget about it soon enough and watch again.

Regular season baseball games as stand alone events are a tough sell. The excitement of these games have a lot to do with how much these games matter. Regular season games just do not matter as much as NFL games

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 21, 2017 -> 10:40 PM)
Astros in 6

Altuve MVP

I suppose if Altuve has a big game, it's possible, but Bregman and Springer are probably leading that unless I'm forgetting something.

A Game 7 would be cool, but I'm hoping Verlander throws a complete game, and the Astros win 2-0.

Astros fans are saying the team should wear their tequila sunrise uniforms for good luck tonight since today is Halloween and those jerseys somewhat resemble candy corn and I fully agree with them.

Edited by coco1997

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 31, 2017 -> 04:58 PM)
no guts no glory.

It's funny because the Astros bullpen has been so bad that Hinch hasn't been able to wear out his relievers like Roberts has. He's been forced to use his other starters and long relievers, which has worked out so far.