WS: Dodgers v Astros

Panerista

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough game tonight. The Astros know Yu very well. McCullers is an unknown entity to the Dodgers. Dodgers won't have their best bats in the lineup. If the Astros get to Yu early, they will win, a pitcher's duel favors the Dodgers. The ball won't be flying out like it was at Dodgers stadium.

He had a 0.88 era over his last 5 starts.

Terrible location, getting behind in counts, hanging sliders...maybe too amped up, was throwing 98 early. He also had a pretty sterling record against the Astros (4-1) coming in.

At least it’s a game again, but Dodgers should have gotten at least two there.

Seems this game will be over around midnight.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 27, 2017 -> 08:32 PM)
What happened to Darvish? I wasn't able to watch but I expected him to be the key for LA. Now they are in trouble.

From what I could tell he was missing with all his pitches, either off the plate completely or right down the heart of the plate. Didn't have anything for breaking pitches either.

Just based on precedence, I don't think Gurriel is going to avoid not playing tonight. Manfred is meeting with him, and I'm sure the Astros' hands are tied.

Childish move. I wish they could fine him heavily and move on, but other guys have been suspended for things not on TV.

A suspension makes sense, but I think Astros would be OK without him for a game too. This isn't losing a game changer like Altuve, Correa, or Springer. Those would be huge losses. For a game though, you try your luck with either Beltran or Maybin with Gonzalez or Gattis moving over to 1B.