How is the soxfest experience I'm debating on going?

credescrew24

Hey guys I'm debating on making the trip to soxfest their year but wanted to hear what y'all have to say about it... im a die hard sox fan and been to Chicago plenty of times for games during the season but have never made it out in January for soxfest. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Hope to see ya guys out there for those that go .... the mrs has already given the green light so we shall see 👍

I always look forward to the seminars with the players and front office personal. I've always found attending a seminar with Hahn very interesting. I've seen his act a number of times at Soxfest and at Season ticket seminars. You'll notice that when somebody asks him a question, more often than not, he won't answer the question, he'll just ramble on and continue talking. I can see how he obtained his law degree. He's very good at talking without saying anything of any substance. I just wish he would have worked for some law firm instead of being a GM for the White Sox.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Nov 7, 2017 -> 02:48 PM)
I always look forward to the seminars with the players and front office personal. I've always found attending a seminar with Hahn very interesting. I've seen his act a number of times at Soxfest and at Season ticket seminars. You'll notice that when somebody asks him a question, more often than not, he won't answer the question, he'll just ramble on and continue talking. I can see how he obtained his law degree. He's very good at talking without saying anything of any substance. I just wish he would have worked for some law firm instead of being a GM for the White Sox.
Hahn is much more forthcoming than that. On specific deals or free agents he's coy, but he HAS to do that. Or he can get fined.

QUOTE (credescrew24 @ Nov 7, 2017 -> 12:49 PM)
Hey guys I'm debating on making the trip to soxfest their year but wanted to hear what y'all have to say about it... im a die hard sox fan and been to Chicago plenty of times for games during the season but have never made it out in January for soxfest. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Hope to see ya guys out there for those that go .... the mrs has already given the green light so we shall see 👍
Get the hotel and sell the hawk bobble. It'll pay for part of your room.

Also, get the maximum # of passes you're allowed to buy, even if you need less. You can sell those and pay for part of your trip that way. Friday is hotel guests only, so people will pay extra for a weekend pass.

And, be prepared to stand in lines. LOTS of lines. I usually do the photo lines as opposed to the autographs.

QUOTE (credescrew24 @ Nov 7, 2017 -> 11:49 AM)

Off topic, but you have a really lame username

I almost went last year. Some friends at work talked me out of it. All 3 of them all agreed it's mostly standing in lines, often in different lines than whoever you came with. You're in one line, they are in another. They said the whole concept just sucks, and if you want the up close experience with players and/or autographs, spring training is 100x better.

QUOTE (Nardiwashere @ Nov 9, 2017 -> 10:31 AM)
I've never been but I've always wanted to go. I'd like to go this year just for the Hahn seminar and Hawk bobblehead. My problem is that I live a block and a half away, so I don't want to get a hotel room. Is there a way around that?

Not to get the bobblehead. I don't need a hotel room either. It used to be if you were a season ticketholder, you could get a 3 day pass for about $25. Not anymore. I'll get a pass for Saturday most likely. It will be about $50 I'm guessing.

I am not an autograph guy, but I always enjoyed the seminars even if they are pretty much fluff. By the end of January you could use some White Sox stuff, and the optimism is always nice that time of year.

Thanks for the input guys! It really is appreciated.... I've been to AZ every year since 2003 never miss a year it is indeed awsome as someone mentioned earlier I just have always been curious about soxfest and this year seemed to be a good a year as any with that sweet hawk bobble! Is there any garage sales with game used stuff or any deals on old give away stuff? Any chance of interactions with players after the stage stuff is done with? Like at the hotel bar haha

Oh and to credezcrew24 haha yes I am the reason you have a Z in ur username 😝