The Avi Thread

hi8is

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 21, 2017 -> 01:19 PM)
Definitely -- Ramos is the get there. It could be Ramos straight up and I think I'd be happy.

I think the problem is the outfield market is nothing right now. I think Lorenzo Cain will be lucky to break 50 million dollars and he has been a 4 Win player 3 of the last 4 years.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kwill @ Dec 22, 2017 -> 01:41 AM)
I think the problem is the outfield market is nothing right now. I think Lorenzo Cain will be lucky to break 50 million dollars and he has been a 4 Win player 3 of the last 4 years.

It's too bad Cain was offered a QO (knew he was going to), but I think he'd be a nice piece in CF us, allowing Rutherford & Luis Robert to develop. Honestly, if we traded Avi, wouldn't be a bad option, but I know we will not go for him.

QUOTE (Soxnfins @ Dec 22, 2017 -> 08:57 AM)
It's too bad Cain was offered a QO (knew he was going to), but I think he'd be a nice piece in CF us, allowing Rutherford & Luis Robert to develop. Honestly, if we traded Avi, wouldn't be a bad option, but I know we will not go for him.

Play the kids

I really do wish there was market for Avi because the OF situation is going to get messy once Jimenez is ready. Maybe the crossover over period between a Jimenez call-up and Avi trade is small however and the problem sorts itself out quickly. I just think it’s vitally important to see what we have in Delmonico & Luery and to a lesser extent Cordell. The good news is all those guys have some positional versatility, so we can probably get them some time in the infield and it’s not like Davidson has the DH spot on lockdown. But it would be nice to use next season to help determine if either Delmonico or Cordell can be a long-term OF solution and try to turn Luery into a nice little trade asset.