Rush calls out McNabb

LowerCaseRepublican

http://www.salon.com/news/wire/2003/10/01/...augh/index.html

Rush Limbaugh [R-vulgar racist] said Sunday on NFL Sunday Countdown:

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well," Limbaugh said. "There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

I'd just love to see him tell Warren Sapp to "Take the bone out of your nose and call me back later." like he told a black caller on his show before.

Why did ESPN hire this guy again?

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well," Limbaugh said. "There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

I'd just love to see him tell Warren Sapp to "Take the bone out of your nose and call me back later." like he told a black caller on his show before.

Rush Limbaugh is a f***ing moron. Enough said.

Look at the ratings and you have your answer.

Look at the ratings and you have your answer.

Exactly.

With Limbaugh, ratings for the ESPN show are up 10 percent overall this season, and up 26 percent among men 18 to 34 years old, Nagle said. Sunday's show drew its biggest audience in the regular season since November 1996.

"ESPN hired Limbaugh for his passion and his ability to express opinion and spark debate as a football fan," Nagle said. "In just one month, he has certainly delivered."

I'd like to see the "Take the bone out of your nose and call me back later" quote. Where did you hear that?

Rush Limbaugh is a douche but if everyone in the media is gonna make a big deal out of this, then why didn't the media make a big deal out of Dusty's [(More than likely) D-racist asshole] race-based comments in June?  :huh:

So Dusty is a Democrat? I didn't know that.

I saw the media and saw Dusty get reamed a bit. But Dusty is a baseball manager, not known for his bigotry or racism meanwhile Rush Limbaugh IS known for racism and bigotry. ESPN knew what it was getting into with him having no expertice in football, but ESPN just going after the dittohead ratings that will watch just because Rush is on.

That quote of "Take the bone out of your nose..." was from his radio show in the late 1970s, I believe 1977. I also believe that he has admitted to saying it as well.

So Dusty is a Democrat?  I didn't know that.

I saw the media and saw Dusty get reamed a bit.  But Dusty is a baseball manager, not known for his bigotry or racism meanwhile Rush Limbaugh IS known for racism and bigotry.  ESPN knew what it was getting into with him having no expertice in football, but ESPN just going after the dittohead ratings that will watch just because Rush is on.

That quote of "Take the bone out of your nose..." was from his radio show in the late 1970s, I believe 1977.  I also believe that he has admitted to saying it as well.

bulls*** answer alert.

The nation's top radio star Rush Limbaugh finds himself at the center of a media storm over comments made on ESPN last weekend.

CNN all but turned its network over to the controversy on Wednesday, suspiciously putting the story ahead of the CIA leak swirl started by CNN's Bob Novak. The commotion began when Limbaugh said on ESPN's pregame show that Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was overrated because the media wanted to see a black quarterback do well.

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well," said Limbaugh. "There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

Quarterback McNabb told cameras he isn't looking for an apology -- because it's too late.

"We supposedly have freedom of speech in this country," Limbaugh explained on his radio program. "An opinion is an opinion."

The week prior, Limbaugh defended and spoke up for the league’s black coaches in a commentary.

I saw the media and saw Dusty get reamed a bit.  But Dusty is a baseball manager, not known for his bigotry or racism meanwhile Rush Limbaugh IS known for racism and bigotry.  ESPN knew what it was getting into with him having no expertice in football, but ESPN just going after the dittohead ratings that will watch just because Rush is on.

That quote of "Take the bone out of your nose..." was from his radio show in the late 1970s, I believe 1977.  I also believe that he has admitted to saying it as well.

bulls*** answer alert.

http://www.fair.org/articles/limbaugh-color.html

There's just a few examples of Rush's racism.

bulls*** answer alert.

I don't care. The reason your answer is bulls*** is because history doesn't matter at all when considering how much heat people should get for what they say. It doesn't matter what they're "known for", if they say comparable things they deserve comparable reactions, and they are not getting them.

bulls*** answer alert.

I don't care. The reason your answer is bulls*** is because history doesn't matter at all when considering how much heat people should get for what they say. It doesn't matter what they're "known for", if they say comparable things they deserve comparable reactions, and they are not getting them.

Funny, I remember the Dusty story getting covered quite a bit. And saying that certain players can handle heat better is just a bit different than saying that McNabb is only majorly popular because the NFL wants a black man to be very successful. They are on different levels.

Funny, I remember the Dusty story getting covered quite a bit.  And saying that certain players can handle heat better is just a bit different than saying that McNabb is only majorly popular because the NFL wants a black man to be very successful.    They are on different levels.

You love to slant things don't you? "Quite a bit"? What, was it mentioned on the fourth page of the sports section? No way did it cause as many waves as what Limbaugh said already has. You are ok with the inequality there.

Dusty was talking about "certain players"? You mean black players? That's what he said, isn't it? Black players. He said black players can handle the heat because their ancestors used to run around the desert all the time, and white players can't take the heat as well.

Limbaugh said, "The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well...There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve." Where did he say that "McNabb is only majorly popular because the NFL wants a black man to be very successful" ? He said the media overrates his performance because he is black and they want him to succeed.

I am not defending him, but how do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you sensationalize and slant everything, just like you always b**** about fox news doing. You are a joke.

You love to slant things don't you? "Quite a bit"? What, was it mentioned on the fourth page of the sports section? No way did it cause as many waves as what Limbaugh said already has. You are ok with the inequality there.

Dusty was talking about "certain players"? You mean black players? That's what he said, isn't it? Black players. He said black players can handle the heat because their ancestors used to run around the desert all the time, and white players can't take the heat as well.

Limbaugh said, "The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well...There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve." Where did he say that "McNabb is only majorly popular because the NFL wants a black man to be very successful" ? He said the media overrates his performance because he is black and they want him to succeed.

I am not defending him, but how do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you sensationalize and slant everything, just like you always b**** about fox news doing. You are a joke.

I saw the Dusty story covered on Headline News, CNN, and all the other media. Hell, that story even made Buzzflash's news stories. So don't slant that it wasn't covered at all or anything like that. Limbaugh got more coverage because he is a nationally recognized persona whereas not nearly as many people know who Dusty is. [i mean, how many random people know baseball managers compared to Rush who has been on syndicated radio for years and written lots of books?]

What an embarassment. Why can't he save politics for his radio show and stick to talking football when he's on ESPN? He might not last the rest of the season.

I really don't understand why Rush is catching as much hell as he is. His statement was not a slam at McNabb's race but rather on McNabb's athleticism and talent at QB. He's played awful over a decent period of time. The Eagles did not struggle with Detmer at QB while McNabb was out with the broken leg. The fact that Detmer, a 2nd string QB, could come in and win just like McNabb could win points to the importance of the QB in their winning ways being obviously exaggerated. What if he'd said something like "I think that Donovan McNabb is the greatest black QB in NFL history"? Is that still a racist comment that would be flashed all over every sports page or is that OK being he's saying something positive about McNabb? Give me a break. PC is for the birds. McNabb is a poster boy to an extent. McNair is a MUCH better QB and Caulpepper is on the same plane as McNabb and yet neither of them get NEAR the media attention or advertisements. They are both black and they are both QBs. Could it be that their "image" isn't as consumer, fan-friendly as McNabb? Think about it.

I really don't understand why Rush is catching as much hell as he is. His statement was not a slam at McNabb's race but rather on McNabb's athleticism and talent at QB. He's played awful over a decent period of time. The Eagles did not struggle with Detmer at QB while McNabb was out with the broken leg. The fact that Detmer, a 2nd string QB, could come in and win just like McNabb could win points to the importance of the QB in their winning ways being obviously exaggerated. What if he'd said something like "I think that Donovan McNabb is the greatest black QB in NFL history"? Is that still a racist comment that would be flashed all over every sports page or is that OK being he's saying something positive about McNabb? Give me a break. PC is for the birds. McNabb is a poster boy to an extent. McNair is a MUCH better QB and Caulpepper is on the same plane as McNabb and yet neither of them get NEAR the media attention or advertisements. They are both black and they are both QBs. Could it be that their "image" isn't as consumer, fan-friendly as McNabb? Think about it.

I have ZERO problem with Limbaughs comments and i cant stand the guy. Why dont I have a problem with the comments? Because theyre true. The media and some fans have this fascination with running, rather than throwing. A run first mentality will NEVER succeed. Which black QB won a ring? Doug WIlliams. He was a throw first guy. WHo is the best Black Qb in the history of the game? Warren Moon, a throw first mentality. When QBs decided to take off after two seconds in the pocket OVER AND OVER, the receivers just give up. You saw it on Monday night, with Stewart. The "new black Qb" trend has brought us wonderful athletes, who just shouldnt be Quarterbacks.

What an embarassment. Why can't he save politics for his radio show and stick to talking football when he's on ESPN? He might not last the rest of the season.

Can I call 'em or what?