Brewers Reportedly Shopping OF’ers

TheFutureIsNear

Santana, Broxton, Brinson, and Brett Philips all could be available.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/12/gian...go-santana.html

Personally I’d throw feelers out and see what Brett Phillips would cost. Although Santana is also very intriguing with 4 years of control. Not sure what kind of starting pitching they are looking for though...

QUOTE (Ross Gload Fan @ Dec 8, 2017 -> 08:58 PM)
I would easily take a chance on Brinson. He's still only 23 and was a 1st round pick. He did absolutely horrible in his time in the majors, granted it wasnt a huge sample size, so maybe the asking price wouldnt be too outrageous.

Agreed -- but the only guy they'd want on our staff would be Rodon, I imagine.

QUOTE (Soxnfins @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 09:24 AM)
I honestly think a Fulmer for Brinson trade makes a ton of sense for both sides. I’m still not sold on Fulmer being a starter.... I think he has the stuff to be a lights out closer, though.

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. I don't think Milwaukee would, though.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 09:28 AM)
Apparently haha I don't see the fit either.

Fulmer beat SF, Det. And a Cleveland team that already clinched. The Sox bullpen pitched 4 hitless innimgs the game vs. Cleveland. Carson has some ability, but I think people taking his September starts as meaning much is crazy.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 09:32 AM)
Fulmer beat SF, Det. And a Cleveland team that already clinched. The Sox bullpen pitched 4 hitless innimgs the game vs. Cleveland. Carson has some ability, but I think people taking his September starts as meaning much is crazy.

Fulmer’s late year stint gives me some hope that Cooper can tap into Carson’s potential, but it doesn’t change his trade vlaue. And honestly, I still see him as a reliever and I think they’ll move him to that role permanently as soon as Rodon comes back & Kopech is called up.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 10:54 AM)
We were unsure brinson was even coming back for Quintana now people want him for Fulmer?

I don't think Brinson was ever on the table from the Brewers for Quintana. Fulmer hasn't proven anything yet, or at least enough to warrant any trade interest.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 10:05 AM)
I don't think Brinson was ever on the table from the Brewers for Quintana. Fulmer hasn't proven anything yet, or at least enough to warrant any trade interest.

Warrant any trade interest? I guarantee you most every team would be interested in Fulmer. For a top 30 prospect? Nah. But let's not act like the guy has no value.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 01:03 PM)
Warrant any trade interest? I guarantee you most every team would be interested in Fulmer. For a top 30 prospect? Nah. But let's not act like the guy has no value.

When I mean trade interest I mean for teams to be interested enough to offer something in the realm of what it would require for the Sox to move him.

Obviously we are better off seeing what he can do at the mlb level starting and then in the bullpen if that does not work out than dealing him for nothing.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 12:05 PM)
When I mean trade interest I mean for teams to be interested enough to offer something in the realm of what it would require for the Sox to move him.

Obviously we are better off seeing what he can do at the mlb level starting and then in the bullpen if that does not work out than dealing him for nothing.

I am certain the Sox could deal Fulmer for more than nothing.

But I do agree that the likelihood of them trading him is very low.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 01:10 PM)
I am certain the Sox could deal Fulmer for more than nothing.

But I do agree that the likelihood of them trading him is very low.

Fulmer's the kind of guy the White Sox should want right now. Plenty of talent, some minor league struggles, could break out if given a big league shot, could wind up as a reliever, no major harm if he has a terrible year. For 2018 that's still the kind of guy we should be playing.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 12:16 PM)
Fulmer's the kind of guy the White Sox should want right now. Plenty of talent, some minor league struggles, could break out if given a big league shot, could wind up as a reliever, no major harm if he has a terrible year. For 2018 that's still the kind of guy we should be playing.

Agreed