White Sox have shown interest in Machado

peppers312

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:11 AM)
For him not to go to free agency, they better be willing to pay over $30m a year. There's also value in being the only team that can negotiate a deal with him for a year.

Not that much value for being only team negotiating if he's deadset on hitting free agency

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 13, 2017 -> 08:08 PM)
You think the Sox extension offer would be like 10/$50m or something?

He’s going to be a multiple hundred millionaire regardless.

No, but I do think restricting his market is unlikely. Especially when he wasn’t given a say in the team he’d be going to. There would be a serious bidding war in his services, obviously.

Hahn said himself today that it's easier to sell a free agent when he's been around the org, knows what it's about, knows the mission, etc. My guess is theyre putting a value in form of prospects for what that year head start on extension talks looks like and offering that to O's- White Sox Dave

https://twitter.com/barstoolWSD/status/941129145031036928

F*** I hate this but I love it so much more. Getting Machado a year early would definitely help negotiations,especially if the kids develop and they have a a good development year. Also WSD is a legit source as they come,he's proven plenty he is legit.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:22 AM)
What are the odds a White Sox has is connected with Hahn? Not buying much of what he sells

He's broken as many, if not more, Sox stories last two years as anyone. It's obvious he found out the Sox put in an offer for Manny, which others have reported.

Edited by fathom

If Hahn truly feels having him for a year will make it easier to sign him, why has he been affected by others contract status who actually have longer terms? Why would he be concerned about Chris Sale, he would know the culture and fall in love with resigning for less. The 2 years left with Avi and Abreu wouldn't be an issue.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Dec 13, 2017 -> 08:22 PM)
What are the odds a White Sox has is connected with Hahn? Not buying much of what he sells

Well if you actually listened to his podcast you would know that he has Hahn's contact information. Hahn has been on his podcast, and hahn has alluded to WSD's podcast in separate interviews.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 13, 2017 -> 08:31 PM)
If Hahn truly feels having him for a year will make it easier to sign him, why has he been affected by others contract status who actually have longer terms? Why would he be concerned about Chris Sale, he would know the culture and fall in love with resigning for less. The 2 years left with Avi and Abreu wouldn't be an issue.

Because he isn’t interested in the second contracts with those players

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 13, 2017 -> 08:33 PM)
Because he isn’t interested in the second contracts with those players

Well, he has given the line about years of control and their window of winning. It is inconsistent.

It would be a ballsy move, but if trades 2 or 3 of his new prized possessions and Machado flees in a year, it is a total disaster.

Brian Bilek‏

@BrianBilek_

The 2018 #WhiteSox aren’t contenders. They’re not going to sell the farm for a year of Machado in a noncompetitive season. They made an offer but I highly doubt it’s an offer the #Orioles move him for. I wouldn’t get worked up about his one. Just my two cents.

I have a feeling he may not have seen Hahn's comments today.