White Sox have shown interest in Machado

peppers312

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 08:56 AM)
f*** it Im going to bed.. Bob Nightengale‏Verified account

@BNightengale

8s9 seconds ago

More

Dan Duquette says #Orioles will continue to have trade talks involving Machado to see if something makes sense

You might as well. There's been no indication they are moving him soon or a deal is close.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 08:56 AM)
f*** it Im going to bed.. Bob Nightengale‏Verified account

@BNightengale

8s9 seconds ago

More

Dan Duquette says #Orioles will continue to have trade talks involving Machado to see if something makes sense

Yeah, today is generally a travel day for everyone. Maybe Friday?

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 08:57 AM)
You might as well. There's been no indication they are moving him soon or a deal is close.

Well last night they were saying "by the weekend" and its thursday. But yeah, everyone's about to leave so I wouldn't expect anything to happen today unless offers leaked out.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 10:10 AM)
What a dumb turn these meetings took.

Scott Merkin‏Verified account

@scottmerkin

Following Following @scottmerkin

More

Hahn: "Over the last year or so, you guys know how many of our transactions actually leaked out in advance vs. how many were perhaps a surprise or announced on White Sox letterhead for the first time. You can respond accordingly.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 09:13 AM)

@scottmerkin

More

Hahn: "Over the last year or so, you guys know how many of our transactions actually leaked out in advance vs. how many were perhaps a surprise or announced on White Sox letterhead for the first time. You can respond accordingly.

That sounds like a denial to me.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 10:02 AM)
Wow, rude awakening, but I can't see them actually following through- unless it's for something like Avi and one or two of the lesser prospects. Names like Giolito being thrown around frighten me.

Why? If it were 3 top prospects, I can see it. But if they are dangling one top pitching prospect and maybe Avi and/or Tim Anderson, we should be ecstatic. Though he had a down year, Machado is 25 years old and a top 10 player in the game. He's an everyday player. You feel great as long as you don't give up, Kopech + Giolito +.

The one thing the White Sox have been able to do right over the past 15 years is draft and develop pitching. Everyday players is where they have struggled in recent history.

As long as you're not giving up Moncada, Robert, and those likes, it's a pretty easy deal to make.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 09:13 AM)

@scottmerkin

More

What's he saying exactly? I think we at least heard about most of the deals (the big ones anyway) ahead of time.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 09:15 AM)
https://twitter.com/scotgregor/status/941324786361397248

This has been the one guy that I think of when talking about how sox are out in front, and would be really silly because what are the odds the orioles take on an injured player?

The Orioles are the worst team in MLB for nixing trades at the ownership level for extremely petty reasons, yet Carlos Rodon would be the primary target? Yeah, that doesn't add up.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 04:15 PM)
Why? If it were 3 top prospects, I can see it. But if they are dangling one top pitching prospect and maybe Avi and/or Tim Anderson, we should be ecstatic. Though he had a down year, Machado is 25 years old and a top 10 player in the game. He's an everyday player. You feel great as long as you don't give up, Kopech + Giolito +.

The one thing the White Sox have been able to do right over the past 15 years is draft and develop pitching. Everyday players is where they have struggled in recent history.

As long as you're not giving up Moncada, Robert, and those likes, it's a pretty easy deal to make.

I just don't get what the positives for getting Manny for a season is. You run the risk of really hurting the talent level on the team in two seasons if you don't extend him while giving up a few starting pitchers

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 09:15 AM)
https://twitter.com/scotgregor/status/941324786361397248

This has been the one guy that I think of when talking about how sox are out in front, and would be really silly because what are the odds the orioles take on an injured player?

It would be a gamble for them, but it’s one year of Machado, not 3 or 4.

The Sox have a nice wealth of arms, and shoulders are tricky. I said Rodon and Fulmer for Machado and a prospect. Maybe add Adams too, and make a deal. It’s a good gamble for both teams.

I've been thinking for a while that Rodon doesn't seem to be meshing with this pitching coach/staff, he hasn't seemed to take the step forward I thought he'd take even in 2016, and then throw in injury. If the White Sox turn him into a long-term deal with Machado, that fits needs for both teams IMO.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 09:16 AM)
Scot Gregor‏

@scotgregor

5m5 minutes ago

More

Would assume any #WhiteSox trade package offer to Orioles started with Carlos Rodon

I'm okay with this. Rodon and Avi? Do they need outfielders? Or would they be looking for a prospect or two with Rodon?