White Sox have shown interest in Machado

peppers312

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 03:23 PM)
It's over folks

https://twitter.com/DanClarkSports/status/943591957992894464

#Orioles aren’t going to trade Machado - weren’t happy with the offers.

Now they just need to address the horrendous rotation, strengthen the outfield, add some left-handed bats into the lineup, and replace Zach Britton...

��

With Angelos, I think the White Sox could have offered Kopech, Eloy, and Robert, and it wouldn't be 100% he'd accept.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 04:23 PM)
It's over folks

https://twitter.com/DanClarkSports/status/943591957992894464

#Orioles aren’t going to trade Machado - weren’t happy with the offers.

Now they just need to address the horrendous rotation, strengthen the outfield, add some left-handed bats into the lineup, and replace Zach Britton...

��

"If we can't get what we want for him, we will get nothing!"

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 03:23 PM)
It's over folks https://twitter.com/DanClarkSports/status/943591957992894464 #Orioles aren’t going to trade Machado - weren’t happy with the offers. Now they just need to address the horrendous rotation, strengthen the outfield, add some left-handed bats into the lineup, and replace Zach Britton... ��

Yeah, no surprise at all dealing with Angelos.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 03:00 PM)
I would bet that if he makes a list it will be on mlb pipeline but I think he's off BA/Fangraphs/Law.

He was 37th & 40th respectively on Baseball America & mlbpipeline’s mid-season top 100 lists, I’d be shocked if he completely dropped off them after a poor half season. I think he’ll be in the 80 to 100 range on both those lists. You’re right about Fangraphs though, he won’t make the cut. I feel pretty confident he’ll make two of the big three lists.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 01:19 PM)
That's WAY too high. What you listed is essentially double the Eaton package, which was considered an overpay industry wide. Yelich will not command not garner that type of offer. Not even close.

He's going to get a higher return than you expect.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 04:19 PM)
That's WAY too high. What you listed is essentially double the Eaton package, which was considered an overpay industry wide. Yelich will not command not garner that type of offer. Not even close.

Respectfully, I think you're wrong here. He comes with five years of control at between $7mm - 15mm per year, and the last year is a team option. He's not quite as good a player as Sale, but his contract is even better. He could slot in to any of three OF positions, making him a fit for literally every contender. Market would be huge.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 03:53 PM)
Respectfully, I think you're wrong here. He comes with five years of control at between $7mm - 15mm per year, and the last year is a team option. He's not quite as good a player as Sale, but his contract is even better. He could slot in to any of three OF positions, making him a fit for literally every contender. Market would be huge.

Not Gio, Robert, Hansen huge. That'd be like the Moncada, Kopech, Devers package many here wanted for Sale, and even he didn't bring that.

Diehard Orioles are starting to lose it. Hard to blame them, would suck to lose a star like Machado for basically nothing.

Also, look at this proposed offer one of their fans came up with:

Giolito, Cease/Hansen, Burger , and a throw in RHP Jordan Stephens/Jordan Guerrero
Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 07:53 PM)
Diehard Orioles are starting to lose it. Hard to blame them, would suck to lose a star like Machado for basically nothing.

Also, look at this proposed offer one of their fans came up with:

Why do people put Cease and Hansen on the same tier? That makes me want to sell Cease, because Hansen is SO MUCH BETTER. That said, you make the "Cease/Hansen" Cease, drop the Stephens/Guerrero part and make Burger someone Sheets or less and it's not a terrible proposal, though not one I'd want the Sox to do, either.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 10:48 PM)
Why do people put Cease and Hansen on the same tier? That makes me want to sell Cease, because Hansen is SO MUCH BETTER. That said, you make the "Cease/Hansen" Cease, drop the Stephens/Guerrero part and make Burger someone Sheets or less and it's not a terrible proposal, though not one I'd want the Sox to do, either.

SoxTalk has been way higher on Hansen then basically everyone else since he was drafted.

QUOTE (Quin @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 10:35 PM)
SoxTalk has been way higher on Hansen then basically everyone else since he was drafted.

Agreed. But who's right? I feel like nationally he's still some dude who had trouble his last year in college so his pedigree is lower. We look at his results which indicate he's just mowing down the minor leagues. The body of work prior to his final collegiate year and since have been tops.

Trying to say Cease and Hansen are in the same tier is laughable. Hansen is higher than Giolito, even with Lopez, and a tick below Kopech for me.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 09:48 PM)

I agree with you on Hansen being a way better prospect than Cease, but no way would I trade Giolito, Cease, & Sheets for one year of Machado. I think you can make a strong argument that Giolito alone is more valuable than Machado. All it takes is him being a 2 WAR/year pitcher and he clearly has more upside than that if all goes right.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 09:08 PM)
I think we’ll finally see him start catching up in the major rankings lists this year.

He could also force his way into the big clubs rotation around July and just light it up nationally that way.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 05:22 PM)
Not Gio, Robert, Hansen huge. That'd be like the Moncada, Kopech, Devers package many here wanted for Sale, and even he didn't bring that.

Not at all, lol.

Moncada/Kopech/Devers are all top ten overall prospects. Giolito/Robert/Hansen are like back-end top 100 guys.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 21, 2017 -> 12:02 AM)
Not at all, lol.

Moncada/Kopech/Devers are all top ten overall prospects. Giolito/Robert/Hansen are like back-end top 100 guys.

That's not really accurate. Kopech was not a top 10 prospect when Moncada and Devers were (And I believe only Law had Devers in the top 10).

BA had Kopech at #32.

BP had Kopech at #36.

I can't find a ranking for either MLB.com (Their link gets updated each time they do a list) or Law. I do think Law had Kopech higher than anyone else though.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

Giolito/Robert/Hansen are like back-end top 100 guys.

You can’t be serious about this right? All three of those guys are/were top 50 caliber prospects. Giolito has obviously seen his stock drop some, but Hansen & Robert could easily be top 20 prospects a year from now. Hell, I wouldn’t be shocked if Robert was the #1 prospect in all of baseball a year from now. His ceiling is really that high as his tools are simply unreal.

If we were giving anything of significance, it’d have to be for a cost-controlled player like Yelich. But I’m not about trading right now. Need another year so we can see how guys are developing. I doubt Machado will want to sign here but who knows at this point. Patience is key right now.

Robert is a top 50 in every publication, Giolito was top 50 in every preseason publication since 2014, and Hansen will be top 50 by midseason next year