White Sox have shown interest in Machado

peppers312

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:23 AM)
Call me crazy, but I’d do Rutherford & an arm like Adams for Machado without an extension. Doesn’t seem like it would be enough, but maybe the Orioles are obsessed with Blake for some reason.

What's the point in adding him for one year when you aren't trying to compete?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 13, 2017 -> 07:23 PM)
Call me crazy, but I’d do Rutherford & an arm like Adams for Machado without an extension. Doesn’t seem like it would be enough, but maybe the Orioles are obsessed with Blake for some reason.

Unless the plan is to then flip Machado at the deadline to a team in contention this would be the dumbest move we could possibly make right now.

Fegan is strongly hinting this might be about Machado.

https://twitter.com/JRFegan/status/941115622565478400

“Would the White Sox trade for a player with very few years of control left (or only one), on the hopes they could get him to agree to a long-term deal? Know anyone that fits that description? https://theathletic.com/184071/2017/12/13/w...-mirror/”

Edited by Sockin

QUOTE (Sockin @ Dec 13, 2017 -> 07:26 PM)
Fegan is strongly hinting this might be about Machado.

https://twitter.com/JRFegan/status/941115622565478400

“Would the White Sox trade for a player with very few years of control left (or only one), on the hopes they could get him to agree to a long-term deal? Know anyone that fits that description? https://theathletic.com/184071/2017/12/13/w...-mirror/”

I think that’s a weird reading, he’s hinting that people should read his article he wrote.

QUOTE (Tony @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:28 AM)
Clearly, by those quotes, the Front Office believes they basically have a year to recruit Machado to sign an extension. If they truly believe that, I could understand giving up some assets to make it happen. I get the idea, I just don't think it will work. They're trying to be too cute.

Agreed completely. Sure you take him for a year if it costs you Spencer Adams and Basabe, but the price is going to be higher

@inccarceratedbob

BREAKING MLB NEWS**

Source: Several offers on table for #Orioles Machado

Teams that are confirmed that made offers so far

#Cardinals #WhiteSox #Yankees #Phillies #Giants

No leaks of offers or if O's are likely to accept any as of yet.. talks fluid

#IBN

• Like 1

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 13, 2017 -> 07:17 PM)
I’m paraphrasing, because it’s behind a paywall, but he basically said it’s easier to sign a guy if he’s been around your culture and sometimes you need to take a risk.

Sure, a guy later in his career who cares as much about being comfortable, not a young guy who is the 2nd biggest free agent available.

QUOTE (ChicagoHeel @ Dec 13, 2017 -> 07:30 PM)
@inccarceratedbob

BREAKING MLB NEWS**

#IBN

Not a real source

QUOTE (ChicagoHeel @ Dec 13, 2017 -> 07:30 PM)
@inccarceratedbob

BREAKING MLB NEWS**

#IBN

ICB has been trolling for years.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 13, 2017 -> 08:25 PM)
What's the point in adding him for one year when you aren't trying to compete?

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 13, 2017 -> 08:25 PM)
Unless the plan is to then flip Machado at the deadline to a team in contention this would be the dumbest move we could possibly make right now.

Give him a taste of your organization for the first four months of the seasons. Try to convince him to sign an extension during that timeframe. If not, trade him at the deadline for what should be similar value but express the fact you’re going to do everything in your power to bring him back. To Rick’s point, sometimes you need to take a risk. If we’re prepared to offer as much as anyone else, getting him familiar with our team could be the diffence between him picking us and a team like the Yankees or Phillies.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 13, 2017 -> 07:30 PM)
Agreed completely. Sure you take him for a year if it costs you Spencer Adams and Basabe, but the price is going to be higher

Honestly we agree. I don’t mind us poking around, your above options is like what I’m thinking. Sure! Submit that just have a plan to walk away.

I do think Sox and Phillies feel pressure on 2018 to not let the Yankees get in too good of a position with him post goancarlo.