White Sox have shown interest in Machado

peppers312

Assuming we do get Machado, I would probably move Anderson to CF for the year to help convince Machado to sign. If he does sign and wants to play short we can keep TA in CF or try to trade him (or move TA to second & Moncada to third). If he signs and is okay playing 3B then we can put TA back at SS. If he doesn't sign then we can end the experiment and put TA back at SS.

No matter what happens though, you do not get rid of TA until Machado signs an extension. We have no other real SS prospects in the system so you would have to keep TA as insurance should Machado leave.

QUOTE (Sockin @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 01:58 PM)
FWIW this guy says the Cardinals arent willing to put Reyes and Weaver in a Machado deal.

@Frank_Cusumano

Now that Ozuna is done, @Cardinals move on: I am told they will not, will not consider moving Reyes and Weaver for Machado.

https://twitter.com/Frank_Cusumano/status/941394266793959426

Well this makes me nervous because that's a massive package...

Nightengale just brought up the rumor that the Sox might flip Machado to the Yankees. Definitely seems like a competitor purposely leaked that in hopes of giving the Orioles cold feet on dealing with us. He also specifically mentioned “the Sox claim their offer isn’t as strong as they’re making it out to be”.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:17 PM)
Nightengale just brought up the rumor that the Sox might flip Machado to the Yankees. Definitely seems like a competitor purposely leaked that in hopes of giving the Orioles cost feet on dealing with us. He also specifically mentioned “the Sox claim their offer isn’t as strong as they’re making it out to be”.

Came here to post this. I really don't think Sox offered Giolito or Kopech.

Nightengale also said that he doesn't think Sox land Machado, thinks he goes to the Cardinals.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:07 PM)
A couple of the insiders have mentioned that Angelos’ son has actively been involved in these talks and it appears that factor could increase the likelihood of a deal being completed this week.

yuck. Can't imagine how much i would hate if I heard Michael Reinsdorf was influencing a package back.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:17 PM)
Nightengale just brought up the rumor that the Sox might flip Machado to the Yankees. Definitely seems like a competitor purposely leaked that in hopes of giving the Orioles cold feet on dealing with us. He also specifically mentioned “the Sox claim their offer isn’t as strong as they’re making it out to be”.

Didn't Nightengale also tweet the day that we wouldn't flip him? He's all over the place...

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:19 PM)
yuck. Can't imagine how much i would hate if I heard Michael Reinsdorf was influencing a package back.

I actually know someone who used to do business with Michael. He is actually more like one of us than anyone would believe when it comes to player personnel despite his affection for GarPax.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:23 PM)
I actually know someone who used to do business with Michael. He is actually more like one of us than anyone would believe when it comes to player personnel despite his affection for GarPax.

"Really nice guy except for when he murders people"

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 03:19 PM)

I took it as a positive given how crazy Peter Angelos is, but obviously I don’t know a lot about his son. I just feel like more often than not, the second generation of family ownership is a little more grounded (Wirtz’s, Steinbrenner’s, etc). I feel like us Bulls fans got stuck with the rare bad one in Michael Reinsdorf and his BFF Gar Foreman.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:26 PM)
I took it as a positive given how crazy Peter Angelos is, but obviously I don’t know a lot about his son. I just feel like more often than not, the second generation of family ownership is a little more grounded (Wirtz’s, Steinbrenner’s, etc). I feel like us Bulls fans got stuck with the rare bad one in Michael Reinsdorf and his BFF Gar Foreman.

I suppose you are right. But I prefer owners that sign off on plans and don't dictate them as they are happening.