Disney Buys 21st Century Fox

knightni

An X Man(probabaly wolverine) or two will appear in Avengers 4. X-Men will be completely rebooted, and Fantastic Four will be immediately implemented because of their connections to Avengers

Also, Disney is gonna start pumping out Star Wars boxed sets like crazy. They just acquired Star Wars - A New Hope. that was the final piece they were missing

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 12:37 PM)
An X Man(probabaly wolverine) or two will appear in Avengers 4. X-Men will be completely rebooted, and Fantastic Four will be immediately implemented because of their connections to Avengers

Also, Disney is gonna start pumping out Star Wars boxed sets like crazy. They just acquired Star Wars - A New Hope. that was the final piece they were missing

Original, pre-Lucas editing copies?

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 11:41 AM)

yep. Lucas sold the rights to Fox before it hit big

Every movie franchise that Disney has acquired from Fox

Disney may already own Lucasfilm, but distribution rights for the classic movies have previously been with Fox. Those rights would have mostly reverted in 2019 in any case, with the exception of A New Hope: the first Star Wars film was financed by Fox, and as a result of Lucas’ dealings distribution would have sat with them in perpetuity. Now, though, we can expect Disney to return distribution rights to this franchise back to Lucasfilm.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 11:48 AM)
I'll be curious as to whether the DOJ challenges this. My guess is no since Fox news will be pro-acquisition lol.

Trump wont like this, but I doubt he is willing to anger Murdoch who was personally involved in the sale. That being said there are some interesting clauses about what Disney has to pay Fox if the deal is killed by the DOJ.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 03:12 PM)
Trump wont like this, but I doubt he is willing to anger Murdoch who was personally involved in the sale. That being said there are some interesting clauses about what Disney has to pay Fox if the deal is killed by the DOJ.

2.5B. No small chunk of change

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 01:41 PM)

They edited the actual original film for the special editions. My understanding is that there are no copies of the original film. Although I guess they could just digitally remove all the new stuff.

QUOTE (G&T @ Dec 17, 2017 -> 02:09 PM)
They edited the actual original film for the special editions. My understanding is that there are no copies of the original film. Although I guess they could just digitally remove all the new stuff.

There are digital laserdisc copies out there that could be used.

Plus, undoing could be done.