Brewers Acquire Christian Yelich & sign Lorenzo Cain

GGajewski18

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 25, 2018 -> 05:27 PM)
Would you agree Sox equivalent is Robert, Hansen and Rutherford?

I would not agree.

Maybe Eloy, Hansen and Rutherford.

I would be okay with the sox making this kind of trade if they had shown any ability to regenerate young players like the Astros do.

But they haven't. What we see right now is about all we'll get.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 25, 2018 -> 05:40 PM)
Hansen higher ranked than Harrison but Brinson equally higher ranked than Robert

The differences aren't equal though. Brinson/Robert will be about 10-15 apart on the Pipeline rankings, which obviously means they're pretty close. Hansen projects to be >>15 spots ahead of Harrison.

Either way, this is all subjective. I personally believe that Eloy/Dunning/Rutherford/throw-in is a better comp, as Hansen has a much higher ceiling than anyone coming from Milwaukee aside from Brinson.

Eloy is a step above Lewis Brinson as a prospect.

There isn't really a good comparable package the Sox could have put together, at least piece for piece. Everyone that was saying that the prospect cost for Yelich was prohibitive for the Sox were definitely right though.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 25, 2018 -> 05:34 PM)
Said no one ever?

Well, there was this one poster who you know better than anyone

The only way I can see Ellsbury being involved if it’s a three way deal with us.

This would be a crazy ass trade but makes some sense for all teams.

Brewers

-Trade: Brinson, Diaz

-Receive: Sanchez, Adams

Yankees

-Trade: Ellsbury, Adams, Andujar

-Receive: Low level C prospect

White Sox

-Trade: Sanchez, low level C prospect

-Receive: Ellsbury, Brinson, Andujar, Diaz

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 25, 2018 -> 05:38 PM)
It was floated out with more pieces of course.

I’m pretty sure I floated what you’re referring to and it was essentially Brinson for Chance Adams & Dillon Tate and Diaz for Sanchez. Suggesting it was “Brinson for Sanchez” like Dick Allen just did is simply being disingenuous. But Dick loves arguing against false narratives.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jan 25, 2018 -> 06:37 PM)
I would not agree.

Maybe Eloy, Hansen and Rutherford.

I would be okay with the sox making this kind of trade if they had shown any ability to regenerate young players like the Astros do.

But they haven't. What we see right now is about all we'll get.

I would probably stop being a fan for a year or five if the Sox traded that package for Yelich. You're talking about trading away potentially 10-15 WAR a year, including a absolute "A" prospect in Eloy for a 4 WAR 26 year old coming off a OPS+ of 117 in the JV league.

I'd seriously write the Sox a letter if that trade went down and I've never even considered doing something like that. Or better yet I'd probably go down to spring training this year not with a great sunny outlook on the club but with a paper bag over my head.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Jan 25, 2018 -> 07:08 PM)
He might it he rides the bench. I can't see why the Brewers would play him with the OF they have now. They could try to flip him to another team, but that contract is an albatross.

There were rumors before of him moving to 1B. And besides him and Cain, who's really getting paid? They should be able to squeeze in someone else.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 25, 2018 -> 06:31 PM)
Reading the Twitter responses to the Brewers announcement, brought back some great prospect names. Mat Gamel and Matt LaPorta. I think LaPorta was in the CC trade, he was supposed to be a beast, he did completely nothing.

LaFatta, as Ozzie called him.

The fact that the Brewers are going to have one of the best NL teams this year, the Royals almost won two World Series in a row, the Astros have built up successfully from scratch (after having the worst t.v. and radio ratings in any market in history)...should give fans a lot of hope. Or the Padres having one of the best, if not the best, overall depth in their farm system of any team (of course, they've also gone the 2nd longest without a playoff appearance.

Well, not Marlins' fans, for the near future.

Not to mention the Yankees, Dodgers and Mets have won just one World Series going back to the late 1990's.