Miguel Sano Accused of Sexual Assault

GGajewski18

That woman is truly blessed that the situation ended it where it did and that she wasn't raped. Not too many women can say that. It's still a gross shame that she had to endure that.

Like Jeff Passan said, I hope MLB takes this seriously but I am very curious to see how they handle this because as she said in the post, she wasn't raped. If Chapman can get 30 games for being involved in a DV case then Sano is looking at something more severe than that.

On another note, why wasn't Addison Russell ever suspended?

Edited by Joshua Strong

What a POS. Always is about power in these situations. Rich athlete thinks because he's rich and an athlete no woman can turn him down. The ironic thing is that most of these guys pull more dime pieces in one month than most of us will in a lifetime and yet that's not enough.

This sounds so much like the Roethlisberger stories. I think his agent has some explaining to do as well. Sounds like his agent was the wingman for this disgusting behavior.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 28, 2017 -> 03:22 PM)
I hope they do a full investigation and I hope MLB takes a strong stance against this behavior.

From the way she described it almost seems like they had a clubhouse bet on who could f*** her first. The 1st base coaching hitting on her is also off putting given that it's a workplace environment for both.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Dec 28, 2017 -> 01:01 PM)
That woman is truly blessed that the situation ended it where it did and that she wasn't raped. Not too many women can say that. It's still a gross shame that she had to endure that.

Like Jeff Passan said, I hope MLB takes this seriously but I am very curious to see how they handle this because as she said in the post, she wasn't raped. If Chapman can get 30 games for being involved in a DV case then Sano is looking at something more severe than that.

On another note, why wasn't Addison Russell ever suspended?

Probably because the information provided was third hand and his wife never filed a police report nor would she speak to MLB investigators

http://www.startribune.com/twins-miguel-sa...pher/467009293/

Also, fwiw, watching the documentary Ballplayer: Pelotero will provide some further background...not that going from dirt poor to the most famous “commodity” on the island is ever an acceptable excuse for entitlement.

Michael Ynoa is also a part of the story, as he eventually received the biggest bonus out of that Dominican signing class.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Dec 28, 2017 -> 02:34 PM)
Chapman had his charges dropped and still was punished by MLB

With Chapman there was a full police report after police were called to a domestic incident.

With Russell, there was one vague comment by a friend on an Instagram post, nothing else involving anything physical, his wife refused to cooperate. She only publicly mentioned him cheating, and Simple infidelity isn't gonna be punished by the league or half the league would be gone.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 28, 2017 -> 08:04 PM)
Maybe $1.7M is a lot of money to you, lol.

My point was that he still signed a major free agent contract, which I thought was the message from.the OP.

Yeah, that was a drop in the bucket compared to the free agent contract he signed after it.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Dec 29, 2017 -> 01:31 AM)
I don't believe that she fended him off for "about 10 minutes", but if the rest of it is true, she's really lucky he didn't try any harder because that is a massive man. Really a terrifying account to visualize reading her words. Was glad to see Plouffe's response on twitter.

This is also why people don't report assaults and embarrassments.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Dec 29, 2017 -> 01:31 AM)
I don't believe that she fended him off for "about 10 minutes", but if the rest of it is true, she's really lucky he didn't try any harder because that is a massive man. Really a terrifying account to visualize reading her words. Was glad to see Plouffe's response on twitter.

She has stated that she trains as a boxer. My assumption is that she is likely in very good shape. When adrenaline kicks in, people can also do surprising things.

I don't see any reason she couldn't have fended him off for 10 minutes.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 29, 2017 -> 08:46 PM)
She has stated that she trains as a boxer. My assumption is that she is likely in very good shape. When adrenaline kicks in, people can also do surprising things.

I agree.

This story is so troubling. I hope justice is served here. Horrible story. She must have been terrified and nobody came to help her either.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 29, 2017 -> 02:46 PM)

I didn't mean that she couldn't fend him off, I mean that is was a 10 minute long struggle. That's a LONG time to be jostling with someone. It obviously doesn't change the story/outcome, but it was likely more like 1-3 minutes and potentially exaggerating some details will lead the defense/Sano's team to say she exaggerated other things too.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jan 1, 2018 -> 02:52 AM)
I didn't mean that she couldn't fend him off, I mean that is was a 10 minute long struggle. That's a LONG time to be jostling with someone. It obviously doesn't change the story/outcome, but it was likely more like 1-3 minutes and potentially exaggerating some details will lead the defense/Sano's team to say she exaggerated other things too.

I think everyone would understand that if she had a terrifying 2-3 minute fight with him, that it probably felt like an hour.

Edited by Soha

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jan 1, 2018 -> 02:52 AM)

It depends on the how it ramps up to a really heavy physical encounter.