Sports Betting Thread

pettie4sox

• 1 month later...

I am still waiting on how Illinois legislation is going to go about sports betting earnings but I am looking to revive this thread when it goes live and help people make a few shekels to pay off those student loans, mortgages and whatever else might you might need.

If you any of you are bettors, we can work together and pound some bookies. 😃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pettie4sox said:

I am still waiting on how Illinois legislation is going to go about sports betting earnings but I am looking to revive this thread when it goes live and help people make a few shekels to pay off those student loans, mortgages and whatever else might you might need.

If you any of you are bettors, we can work together and pound some bookies. 😃

Have you put any money on the Sox yet for the season? I bet $15 on Bovada to win it all when they were like +3000. Off the top of my head, can't remember what I put on them to win the division though.

I put a few bucks (literally a few) on the Marlins to win the World Series and division. $1 on them to win division for $500, $1 on them to win World Series (at the time, it was +100000) to win $1,000 and then $1 because the odds went to like +125000 for a $1,250 payout. Baseball is a weird game and you never know haha

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

Have you put any money on the Sox yet for the season? I bet $15 on Bovada to win it all when they were like +3000. Off the top of my head, can't remember what I put on them to win the division though.

I put a few bucks (literally a few) on the Marlins to win the World Series and division. $1 on them to win division for $500, $1 on them to win World Series (at the time, it was +100000) to win $1,000 and then $1 because the odds went to like +125000 for a $1,250 payout. Baseball is a weird game and you never know haha

I typically avoid futures bets like that.  They are lottery tickets, but it's kind of nice to see how the season progresses and you start biting your nails that one of them may hit haha.

I will probably bet on single games on the Sox during the regular season.  They look like they are worthy of some homer bets after a long awaited stint.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

To bump this thread, if you go to FanDuel right now, Baltimore, Detroit, KC, Miami, PIttsburgh, SF, and Seattle are all 500:1 for the World Series.  You can get some pretty crazy flukes in a 60 game stretch and a 5 dollar bet would pay $2500.  Colorado is 220:1 and Toronto is 100:1. 

FWIW the Sox are 33:1 still.  I got them at 50:1 before they went all in for free agency.  Sox are 16:1 to get to the World Series.

• 6 months later...