2018 Films thread

Kyyle23

"Rampage" was literally one of the most ridiculous movies I have ever seen. I was hoping for giant animals to destroy things but this was so stupid.

Up there with Independence Day 2, but don't tell Dwayne I said that.

Edited by Brian

On 5/14/2018 at 6:33 AM, Brian said:

"Rampage" was literally one of the most ridiculous movies I have ever seen. I was hoping for giant animals to destroy things but this was so stupid.

I can't believe you paid to see that.  Looked godawful.

On 5/14/2018 at 8:33 AM, Brian said:

Looking at the trailers seems like this would have been a better Planet of the Apes movie. Take the Rock character and they coulda made him the star in the next Apes movie (like woody harrelson the past movie). They coulda had one of the Apes genetically become gigantic like in Rampage, but script a better plot, etc. Seems like they stole the Planet of Apes premise for this movie, only didn't do it well. Was Rock good at least? I worship Rock.

17 hours ago, greg775 said:

Looking at the trailers seems like this would have been a better Planet of the Apes movie. Take the Rock character and they coulda made him the star in the next Apes movie (like woody harrelson the past movie). They coulda had one of the Apes genetically become gigantic like in Rampage, but script a better plot, etc. Seems like they stole the Planet of Apes premise for this movie, only didn't do it well. Was Rock good at least? I worship Rock.

What are you talking about? This was supposed to be loosely based on that 80s video game.

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Yeah but the ape genre is already out there now with Planet of the Apes series.

Yeah you're right. They should have just turned it into an unofficial sequel to that franchise with completely different characters and backstory.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RockRaines said:

I dont know if it counts as a movie, but the 80's documentary on netflix is pretty great.  Definitely shows a bit more into the Reagan administration than I've really seen in these types.

Is that the one that was done by CNN? The season on the 60s is excellent.

11 minutes ago, Brian said:

LoL, No. Why would you have to do that?

They said it was some sort of fraud prevention. That I was "chosen" for the beta group. They are saying people are using it to watch 3D movies, seeing the same movie twice, using it for concessions. I have only used it for the correct movie and had no idea you, at least for a while could see the same movie twice. 

Personally, I think it's a way they are trying to keep people from seeing more movies, especially crap you would never even consider without the pass, since it costs them every time and they supposedly have a cash crunch right now. It only inspired me to use it more.

I'm sure people are using it to get tix for other movies than just walking into a 3D showing or something. I follow the rules like you.

How would they use it for concessions?

13 minutes ago, Brian said:

I'm sure people are using it to get tix for other movies than just walking into a 3D showing or something. I follow the rules like you.

How would they use it for concessions?

I really am not too sure. I guess when it loads up, it loads up a little more on the debit card than the actual price of the ticket, so maybe that way. And I don't see how they could even buy a 3D movie. On my app, it always says they are unavailable anyways. 

I wouldn't be so stupid to buy popcorn and lose a $9.95 see all the movies you want deal, especially since you load up on the Stubs program anyway and get free stuff.

I mean they may buy the ticket for the normal showing of Avengers but then just walk into the 3D one.

The theatre I go to leaves a box of 3D glasses, unguarded, right outside each theatre.

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

They said it was some sort of fraud prevention. That I was "chosen" for the beta group. They are saying people are using it to watch 3D movies, seeing the same movie twice, using it for concessions. I have only used it for the correct movie and had no idea you, at least for a while could see the same movie twice. 

Personally, I think it's a way they are trying to keep people from seeing more movies, especially crap you would never even consider without the pass, since it costs them every time and they supposedly have a cash crunch right now. It only inspired me to use it more.

I believe the main fraud they are trying to prevent is a moviepass user getting a ticket for a movie and then selling their ticket to someone else at a discounted rate (vs them buying it from the theatre). 

There was an article on the ringer last week that discussed some of the problems moviepass is having.  

20 hours ago, joejoedairy said:

I believe the main fraud they are trying to prevent is a moviepass user getting a ticket for a movie and then selling their ticket to someone else at a discounted rate (vs them buying it from the theatre). 

There was an article on the ringer last week that discussed some of the problems moviepass is having.  

It's weird because I often thought about helping family. Not selling a ticket to them but have told my sister anytime her and her bf wanted to go to a movie, I could always help them out and go grab a free ticket for them so they'd only have to pay for one.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, GoSox05 said:

That Halloween trailer was better than I expected.  I think it's going to be pretty good.

I didn't like any of them after II, although H20 wasn't awful. Like that they are forgetting all them. Cool to hear that music as well.

Just now, Brian said:

I didn't like any of them after II, although H20 wasn't awful. Like that they are forgetting all them. Cool to hear that music as well.

Yeah, I thought this would take place after part II, but it looks like it is ignoring everything after the original.  So they are not going to be related. 

Looks like it will be pretty violent, that would be quite different from the original.